Car not staying locked

Hi - I've got a problem with my Nissan March and hope some kind soul can help me. I think my nephew has done something to re-programme the locks on the car. I can lock the car fine with the keyless fob, but when I click on the little black buttons on the front door handle or on the boot, it just unlocks the car. When I remove the key from the ignition, I can hear a faint beeping that wasn't there before.

I've tried using the instructions on the site to reprogramme the fob, but I don't think that's the issue.

Thank you in advance!

Hi - I've got a problem with my Nissan March and hope some kind soul can help me. I think my nephew has done something to re-programme the locks on the car. I can lock the car fine with the keyless fob, but when I click on the little black buttons on the front door handle or on the boot, it just unlocks the car. When I remove the key from the ignition, I can hear a faint beeping that wasn't there before.

I've tried using the instructions on the site to reprogramme the fob, but I don't think that's the issue.

Thank you in advance!
I'm assuming k12?
The black buttons are the keyless entry, thats the whole idea...
pressing them you unlock just that door...without having to use the buttons on the key fob first.
If you're worried about that meaning anyone can get in just leave your key indoors,go out to your March and try opening the door, it should remain locked as the key is not in range ;)

Edit:
You can programme the keyfob to put the car in to "anti hijack mode", that only involves holding both the lock and the unlock buttons at the same time for a few seconds. This means that the doors will not open from the outside once you're in it...I think :p

Thank you Jen319, this was exactly the issue - I've learnt something! Happy to get this resolved and happy to find this forum too!
You're welcome, glad I helped.
Have look around, there are loads of interesting threads to be read.
And if you have any more questions or issues there's usually someone who knows what to do, just start a thread or reply to one relevent to your queries ;)

Back