Car starts, stutters and shuts off

Car was hard to start this morning (-10degress) so I poured hot water over battery and radiator. It started no problem after that but the interior was frozen solid and I was low on fuel. Neighbour give me a lift to garage to get more fuel. Put fuel in and now car will start and stutter and shut off. If I try to rev ther engine it cuts off immediately. Is it a fuel blockage and if so where is the fuel filter? Cheers

Mechanic got her going again but will not rev above 2000rpm and now engine management light has come on. What do I look for on ebay are they model specific? Thanks

Thanks guys I got myself a OBD II U480 code reader and attached to car and give me a code fault:05 Pend:01. What does this mean - is it the fuel shut off valve?

Fuel filter and fuel pressure regulator is in the tank and isnt serviceable. Sometimes the pressure reg in the tank fails and takes time to start as the fuel line loses residual pressure overnight. That said we need the fault code first matey. or we just guessing
thats isnt a nissan fault code im afraid. You need to look with the leaflet you may have with the scanner. K12 has no shut off valve. It has a start signal thats all. If it wont rev above 2k its possibly gone into limp mode. You need to establish a fault code. EOBD all have the same codes, for example something like a misfire would read po300 for multi cyl misfire p0301 cyl 1 misfire, p0340 Cam pos sensor etc etc. Some cheap ones off ebay give the eobd codes. Go to your local Nissan dealer ask one of the techs to plug consult in, proffer a tenner it usually helps, then come back and i`ll tell you how you can fix it.

Back