Car seems to lose power

Hey guys, sorry if this is in the wrong section but I really need some help.

Recently bought a 1988 K10 Micra as my first car, passed my test on the 1st of April and have been driving it daily since then.

Recently (today) the car seemed to lose power when I was driving and then seconds later the power would come back and the car would kangaroo a bit.

It's pretty bad when you come to junctions and have to go into first as I would pull away and the car would stall even though I'm pressing the accelerator like I normally would, same thing happens when going in 2nd or 3rd gear, I would be driving then loss of power like it would do nothing and then power again and juddering for a few seconds.

What I don't quite understand is it would do what I mentioned above and then once I got home and looked under the bonnet and restarted the car it seemed to work perfectly with no stalling etc and after around 20mins I felt it happening again.

Not too sure if this is a clutch or gearbox problem so any help would be appreciated

Good luck...
I hope it turns out to be something pretty simple...thing is it could be many things...throttle body/choke/fuel pump/filter :oops:
I'm not an engine expert so hopefully someone who knows a bit more may see this thread and post a better suggestion ;)

Back