Car lower on one side

TimmyB

Club Member (Trial)
Fitted rear springs and the driver's side front as well cause the car was leaning to the drivers side. When got the front spring out it made sense why it was leaning at the front. Snapped spring!!:doh:

Then I got the rear springs out. Now can anyone tell me whats wrong with this picture??? :p

dsc00051t.jpg

They both standard now though!

The problem now is it's leaning to the oppisite side. Could not changing the passenger side front cause this if that spring was weaker? I'm sure the springs are seated correctly. The following two pics should illustrate!
dsc00053k.jpg
dsc00054a.jpg

Any ideas??

Thanks Tim

those two springs in the photo, they are both rears from the looks of it, but the one on the right looks like a lowering spring so it may have had lowering springs on it

well first of all the springs will need to settle into their new positions. also you should really be changing springs in pairs.

i would have thought that you have two different sized springs in there, they should all be the same size but maybe you have managed to pick up a set of springs that are smaller or bigger in some way.

Lol, what sort of muppet fits 1 lowering spring.
Have you driven it around to make sure it is setled and on a flat serface.

those two springs in the photo, they are both rears from the looks of it, but the one on the right looks like a lowering spring so it may have had lowering springs on it

well first of all the springs will need to settle into their new positions. also you should really be changing springs in pairs.

i would have thought that you have two different sized springs in there, they should all be the same size but maybe you have managed to pick up a set of springs that are smaller or bigger in some way.

he said the front one was snapped (no photo) and the rear had 1 lowering spring.

I got the springs for nothing off a scrappy, but the off a facelift, which shouldn't matter. I got the other front spring complete with shock (nice and easy to fit then (Y)) I'll fit the other front one soon as and see about the front lean. Not driven it over anything bumpy yet but it's definately a flat surface.

Tim

Will do and thanks. I'll check the rear again and make sure they are definately seated properly. Can't beat double checking lol. Hopefully that'll cure it!

Tim

Fitted the other front spring and shock earlier. Checked the rear which was slightly higher and it needed a quarter turn to fit in properly onto its recess. The car still has a very slight lean to the passenger side ut much better now. Took her for a good drive, and she handles really well, so hopefully all sorted now. The front crossmember is now next! Wish me luck!

it should sit straight once its got used to sitting normal agian...........bet its been sat lob-sided for ages! i was gonna take a guess and say check the panard rod :)

glad you got it sorted though! if your handy with a welder and a grinder the cross member will be easy...ish lol.

Back