Help I need to lower my car!!!

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
Just got some wheels today 15x6.5" on 195/50/r15 now my car look like a 4WD. Im still running stock springs and shocks. Need to lower it at least 80mm front and rear

Attachments

• 69269.jpg
    69269.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 20

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
Hey nick the guy i got the wheel off i saw it has red spring with black shock on his micra.
Black shock i would assume ..stock as there is no marking.
What spring are red in colour?

CMF_tiSh

» CMF Member
I dropped mine about 100+mm about 4".. with 14x6.5 rims...

i chopped my springs... though im not recommending you do this.. do at your own risk...

so far the ride is very nice and comfy... a little bit bouncy but not stiffy...

thought it'll wear you shocks soon and would probably leak...

cut off 2 coils make sure you cut the same pattern as the stock end.
then heat bending the top portion to flatten like the original sitting. that way it sits good on the top mount thus avoiding spring disaligning.

*note im using 14" so probably 4" drop is too much for 15s with 50series, not unless youl be using 45 series tires...

else if you have budget for (superlow) adjustable coilovers then thats the right thing to do.

here we cant get it... and importing is way to expensive...

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
I would love some coilovers possible BC dont know how low it go tho. Hopefully at least 80mm below standard. Maybe someone who has one can tell me.

Also nick since ur the suspension expert. I notice that when i remove the factory steelie and install the mag wheels. The center bore of the wheel is bigger than the bore on the car. I was thinking of getting some hub centric rings just want to know are they universal? ie, if i get the OD and ID i can just get any ring or is it wheels specific. Hence i have to order it from the wheel manufacture? And any idea on where i can get those ring from in melb?

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
With BCs you could rail it. Like 50mm at the rails.
Ben129 has d2s (older BCs/G4s) and he is at 45mm at the front sway bar.
Coilovers have a large range of adjustability, my G4sare about 110mm at the lowest point with lots more left to take it lower.

CMF_niiCk

» CMF Member
the front shock and spring combo i had for sale before (now BeeBoop) dropped the front an easy 10-12cms..
i can get a hold of another pair if i can find the time.

ps. if the centre bore of the wheels are larger than the hub centre bore then you have to buy hub rings..you dont have to buy them directly from the wheel manufacturer..just go to any wheel shop and get it measure then they can give you one already made or they can make up one..

wont cost much

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
niiCk WROTE:

"the front shock and spring combo i had for sale before (now BeeBoop) dropped the front an easy 10-12cms..

i can get a hold of another pair if i can find the time.

ps. if the centre bore of the wheels are larger than the hub centre bore then you have to buy hub rings..you dont have to buy them directly from the wheel manufacturer..just go to any wheel shop and get it measure then they can give you one already made or they can make up one..

wont cost much

They aint cut springs are they?

CMF_niiCk

» CMF Member
no, like i said they were shocks and springs combo..no cutting springs..
i wouldve kept it myself but they were too low for my car with the 205 profile tyres..

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
oldboy40s WROTE:

"

i have found springs from a matiz. Is that all i need to lower the car?? I too would like to lower my car.

cheers

the matiz rear spring fits the front k11 leg perfect ob40 (the white car had them fitted years ago) they have 10mm of preload so are fully captive, but they only give a drop of about 50mm.
the red car has complete matiz front legs and has uncut matiz rear springs on the rear

Attachments

• 69327.jpg
    69327.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 26

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
oldboy40s WROTE:

"

please correct me if i am wrong. i need to get shocks and springs for the front and just the springs for the rear??

cheers

up to you, my misses,s still has stock ride comfort with the matiz rear spring on the front and 1 coil cut stock rear.
mine is far less comfortable with the 3 coil cut matiz front legs

CMF_oldboy40s

» CMF Member
thanks for your time to explain to me.....but still a bit blurr on it. lol. might ask somebody to read this topic and explain to me.....
thanks again for your info and explaination.

regards
oldboy40+++++

Back