Car failed MOt on STUPID things

Can't believe they didn't stick a couple of bulbs in for me

failed on -

• offside rear fog lamp not in good working order
  • nearside front headlamp aim too low
  • centre rear stop lamp not working

It's going back through on monday once i've sorted them things out, free of charge.

I did check all the lights apart from the centre back. It's stupid really things you wouldn't think it would fail on as I didn't even really notice if you know what I mean?

The worst one I had by far one year was the rear fog lamp tell tail light wasn't working.

The bulb blew on the dash switch and it's one of those situations that, if the car has one it has to work, but if one isn't there it passes. Failed an MOT because of a stupid little bulb.....which of coarse they couldn't replace d'oh!

At least it's nothing serious and there's a free re-test :)

I would have thought they would just replace the bulbs there and then for it to pass MOT?

A few of my cars failed on a few things, and the garage asked me if I wanted the things fixed so that it can pass it's MOT there and then. I thought all garages do this?

Some places would rather not fit parts without the customers consent first I guess. My garage will call me if there's anything wrong before they fit anything I don't know about, which is the way it should be done IMO.

Some places would rather not fit parts without the customers consent first I guess. My garage will call me if there's anything wrong before they fit anything I don't know about, which is the way it should be done IMO.

my local nissan will do bulbs and fuses for free and phone in on more expensive things. they are good, but they are evil when it comes to modded cars. they failed me on a sunstrip!

yeah well when we put ours through at another place we know they changed things like the wipers etc and used the most expensive parts so I can't complain!

sorted it out put the car back through just now and it's all good. passed.

I had a colt that failed on the horn not working, worst thing was it did work you just had to push it hard, so i beeped at them on the way out the whole way down the road lol!!

I asked my MOT guy if the sunstrip would fail he said yes unless I fitted shorter wipers so i peeled it off beforehand, he also adjusted my headlight beam for me free of charge.

Headlight beem is quite easy its just a thing you turn so i don't know why my guy didn't do it. Never mind it's all done now !

Back