Car and colour questions

F

flyfs6

Hi all,

I was reading your forum and decided to join up.

One of my friends has just passed her driving test and her parents have viewed a car for her & are looking to buy/collect it on Saturday.

05 reg my05 1.2 SE 3dr is solid red
16k miles
UK supplied car & a mature lady owner (approx 2yrs warranty remaining)
£5200 after haggling a little.

Although the car has slightly above average miles, its in excellent condition apart from a very small scratch on the front wing (approx 2'inch). I haven't physically seen the car myself so need your opinion here people. What do you guys think, is she getting a fair deal?

I thought it would be a nice idea to get an OEM Nissan skirt kit consisting of the usual - front & rear lips + side skirts. Although I also get wheel arche extension (not to keen on them yet).

I need to know what colour code the car should be, so that I can get the kit ready for fitting onto her potential new car (provided she takes the car on). As far as I have been told its simple plain red.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

first off my k12 1.2 has just reached 11k and all i can say is the car keeps getting better and better. So i dont think you'll have anything to worry about regarding the 16k.

I'll try and find the paint code...its in one of my brochures some where. Im also guessing since its on an 05 plate its pre-face lift so they kit will fit fine.

Cheers.

I appreciate it, I also forgot to add the car has just been serviced.

Your car is quite famous on this forum, and its inspiring me to tinker with hers.

I'm an avid user over at uk-mkivs and tyresmoke forums. Finding this place very helpful.

Welcome!! :grinning: The colour code for the flame red is z10. There is also another metallic red called emotion which is code a32 but it sounds as though yours is the first one. Hope this helps. fwn

the colour code for your car is on a stcker in the drivers door...as for the kit Ebay have them for sale a £50 posted(alot cheaper than nissan) and i can asure you they are genuine nissan parts as i have bought one

and have the front and rear bumper parts for sale on Ebay and on here..

Yup. Thats the kit I've bought. Unfortunately upon inspecting the car today I convinced her not to buy it.

It had lots of stone chips etc. I'm looking to arrange for her to see another grey one for a couple of hundred pounds more, and that only has 4000 miles.

As for the bodykit I have already bought it, and need to collect it. In case she ends up with another car, I'll need to sell it on. Do you think £30 collection (Gants Hill or Kent) and £40 posted would sound fair.

the 16k one is likely to have been a lease car anyhow. Lease companies now use the names of individuals - most often women to hide the fact they have been company owned or managed by vehicle contract companies.

worrying but true! A high percentage of 1yr old/6month old cars from Nissan dealers are from contracts that have expired!
Good luck finding your car matey and welcome to the club

JK

Back