CAMSHAFT INSTALLATION

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
hi all, i just bought some cams and was wondering if they were difficult to install. has anyone installed cams themselves? any advice? do i need anything special? any help would be appreciated.
thanks in advance

CMF_GT

» CMF Member
Yer iv done some my self. You have to get the new came to sit in the same place and angle as the old. I suggest you mark every thing you take off. So you can put it all back in the same place. I always do that. Hope that helps

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
Are the cams new? If they are they need to be run in. Jump onto the crow cams web site they have info on bedding in cams. Other than that use plenty of cam lube & make sure the timing is right.

CMF_micrat

» CMF Member
micra valve clearances are set by shims which sit between the valves and the cams (on top of the cam buckets which sit on top of the valves). these clearances must be correct for the engine to operate properly. the required shims should be available through nissan or a good head shop. it is a fairly time consuming and involved process that must be right. if this is not done right you could be up for very expensive repairs. if you are not confident to do this then leave it to a professional.

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
why we on the subject of cams does anyone have the info below:

standard micra k11 1.3 cams:

power band: rpm
duration: deg inl/exh
valve lift: inl/exh
timing
full lift
valve clearance

sorry if its been discussed before but cant find any info on it.

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
Valve timing

Attachments

• 20537.gif
    20537.gif
    88.1 KB · Views: 19
Back