Cabriolet in Perth

CMF_wudi

» CMF Member
Hello

Our eBay special K11 Cabriolet has arrived in Perth. This will sort of be our build blog, all be it a slow one.

First step is getting it rego'd in WA, then we have a few things to fix up:

- Wheels and tyres
- Suspension
- New roof
- Re-spray
- Some light engine mods
And i'm sure i will find something else to modify :)

My other half and owner of the car, Donna, is a spray painter so she will be taking care of all body work and fabrication. Overall it's not too bad, needs a little TLC but its surprisingly in pretty good shape.

I need to give the car a full service on the weekend, we'll clean it up and take some pics to post up here soon.

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
Good work wudi,

About 5 or 6 years ago that cabriolet of yours appeared on a thread here and was still in the process of getting through all the Australian legalities, but it dissapeared, I asked about it more than once trying to find out what had happened to it hoping that I'd spot it first when it was next for sale lol. I'm very interested to see where it goes from here, its a shame it doesn't have the original facelift front end and was repared with standared series 1 stuff.

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Can't wait to see you give her a little TLC, few cabriolets at an import yard near me one is dumped on the ground at least 60mm of the ground haha

CMF_wudi

» CMF Member
Update:

The misses and I have been away on holiday so we haven't had time to start stripping it down and cleaning it up. We did manage to get it registered a month ago. It was registered with ease. Win!

We've installed some king springs all round and Koni front shocks, still using the stock rears for now. We're looking for a rear sway bar and some strut braces to help stiffen it up a bit, I know why their nickname is the 'wobble' now.

We also have some larger N14 Pulsar brakes to fit but trying to decide on wheels. Here's a pic with a set of Lenso Project Drifts we trial fitted. The tyres are too big (195/55) and the colour was a bit iffy. Hopefully we'll fit it up with some new Enkei J-Specs soon and start the panel work in a few weeks.

Our friend Jash has a spare EastBear bodykit sitting around that we're keen to fit. It's just a matter of finding a colour we agree on for the re-spray. The engine will be removed so we can paint the engine bay as well.

I'm still trying to decide if i turbo it or leave it NA. I'm not sure if I want the cop hastle. Espcially as this car is the daily bunky :)

This post is more words than action I'm afraid but we have a couple of other cars in our stable that are money drainers (Hilux SR5 and Evo 7) so the modding funds are low right now :)

Attachments

• 75953.jpg
    75953.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 36

CMF_wudi

» CMF Member
Unfortunately the paint job on the car is knackered with dents, chips and scratches everywhere so it needs a re-spray regardless, we're not planning on straying too far from the colour it is now however the misses would prefer that it didn't look like a mini version of my car :)

Back