Busted Dizzy Hellppppppp!

this is my first post hope someone can help. My K10 dizzy busted on me I put a new one in car won't start I think i messed up the timing can someone post i piccy of roughly where the dizzy will be bolted on the mount. I set mine in the middle of the slot.

A

middle is fine to begin with

Is it points or electronic distributer and have you used the same type for the replacement as was in originally (electronic / points)

check over step by step

Battery negative is reconnected (engine cranks)
Tank has enough fuel
rotor arm definately back in
vacuum hoses all reconnected
LT Wiring to coil is correct
HT Wiring to coil is correct
HT plug leads are definately on the correct distributer outputs (cykinder 1 lead goes to dissy output 1 etc)

Any Joy?

busted dizzy

Points one all leads in right plug.

What i really need is how far over do i bolt the thing up on the timing bolt I have it towards the centre point

the battery is now flat

Engine turns all hoses where they should be

It should start wherever it is, unless you somehow have the rotor at 180deg to where it should be. You need a timing strobe to reset the correct ignition timing.
Just out of interest, what makes you think that the dizzy was broke in the first place?

Yeh it'll start and run with the timing at its limits as Amy says, and you cant really put it in at 180 degrees unless you somehow jam the rotor arm on backwards...

Try double checking the HT leads are in the right order, 1.3.4.2 from the bottom right as you look at it, and the LT wires are all connected.

Back