Burnie Tarmac Rally (prelude to Targa Tassie)

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Day 2 and went to watch stage 2 which is up what is know as Hellyer Gorge. All uphill for about 12 kl. A real test.The Whites V10 Lamborghini Gallardo sounds just awesome and man does that thing hammer. You can hear it coming kls away a real distinct growl.Jim Richards of course in a Porsche 911GT2 and he is so neat. Never out of line and makes it look so easy.
Anyway on the way home had a real hammer with a Subaru WRX ( you know how it is, your blood is up watching all these rally cars). He was in front and well I was with him in the corners and he could not pull away on the small straight sections. When we came to the main road he pulled over and we had a chat. He was gobsmacked that a 1.3ltr Micra was keeping him more than honest.Told him if he ever went to Canberrra look out for a blue one !!
Guess he is a bit Micra worried now.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
:)

I had a breif encounter with one of those new Swifts. You know, the lunch box looking things. He had a little, but i stayed with him :D But a WRX... now thats rad.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
gah all the new swifts in my area have those GT stripes on them and they're all softcocks.

Won't even give a little 1.3L micra run, despite them being a 1.5L with variable vale timing. pfft softies.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
I was probably at 4/5s of my limited ability and must admit I am slowing down a bit.Probably the Micra was at 3/5s of its ability.I am still coming to grips with it.Not as fearless as I used to be. Took a lot out of me and after around 12kls of cut and thrust I had had enough but was not letting him get away from me.
I enjoy just being on my own and driving how I want with a clear road and not that keen any more on jousting with other cars.
The best challange is you, your car and the road.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah you're dead right, I totally agree.

No point pushing it to the absolute limits just because the other guy is a bit crazy and has no fear, or who knows why.. Enjoy your driving, do it safely and have a blast.
Can't beat the feeling of driving to your own limits and pushing the car and really feeling it work the road.

You did extremely well with the WRX, they are a deadset all rounder. I'm sure he was really pushing the WRX.

Back