bunny hopping

Ian

Ex. Club Member
Well my friend got rid of his S reg punto that he's spent £1000's in repaires and bought a micra after my advice. Typically the week after he obught it, its started bunny hopping according to him. It's from a dealer, should we try and take it back? My guess is the throttle body, any other takers?

i said it was the throttle body when he was on the phone, and i hadnt even heard what the problem was. when in doubt, blame the TB. then the leads. Then the japanese

a massive huge long shot (and i dont think ed will like this post) but if you have got a post 2000 k11 then try resetting the ecu, it helped my car run properly once, and its not a hard thing to try knowing theres only a 5% chance it'll do anything.

But to be honest, i would definatly say tb aswell :( keep an eye out on ebay, some come up dirt cheap every now and then, also people who are breaking micras if they will sell you one. You should get one between £40-70.

If he would want a warrenty with it his best paying £100+ for a recon tho.

!! I dont mind a post like that, sometimes ecus like all things can go a bit nuts and a power reset can help clear things up a bit. Post 2000 ECUs are bosch not Nissan eccs, and really are quite different...

lol i jus remember a rant from you (i think) about resetting the ECU, i didnt realise the bosch ones were exempt from that ;)

I know the thread your refering to, and its not quite relevent in this case (what I have said does apply to both ecus however)...

rlees85 said:
a massive huge long shot (and i dont think ed will like this post) but if you have got a post 2000 k11 then try resetting the ecu, it helped my car run properly once, and its not a hard thing to try knowing theres only a 5% chance it'll do anything.

But to be honest, i would definatly say tb aswell :( keep an eye out on ebay, some come up dirt cheap every now and then, also people who are breaking micras if they will sell you one. You should get one between £40-70.

If he would want a warrenty with it his best paying £100+ for a recon tho.

nah man, we have about 50 micra's in scrap yards around here, probably get one for like £20 easy. :)

lucky for some ;), my local ones were wanting £100+, i got one off ebay in the end for £65. mines a post 2000 tho which uses a different (i think more expensive) TB

no ive not touched it yet. Going around later with a spare TB. Quicker just to change that and see if it cures it.

you could jus unplug it (air flow sensor ONLY not all of them!) and test... thats how i diagnosed my tb, i guess if you got a spare thats better but i thought id add this comment for the benefit of others..

not 100% sure with pre-2000 but i think its the one circled in the picture.

also dont run it any more then a mile or so with it unplugged, it shouldnt do much harm, but i had to re-set my ecu after i did 25 miles lol (as it made it not like cold-starting - resetting the ecu 100% cured it tho).

edit: should also mention with tb unplugged it will stall at lights lol.

hi, im the dumbass with the punto :)

seems to me the damn micra is just a bad!! lol. least the punto waited awhile before falling apart (it only works when its sunny now!)
the micra only bunny hops when i accelerate fast and when i go above 55mph.....so sndin like the tb?

yes or a misfire. the tb can cause many problems that being one of them.

before forking out a lot of money for a tb tho i would definatly check your fuel filter and make sure you got a good spark

Right i took a proper look at it and thought it was the throttle body as it showed the exact same symptons as mine. We went to the scrappy, pulled a TB off a car with 24,000 miles on it and got it for £25 :). Problem solved :)

Back