Bumper jumper

dg_unit

Club Member (Trial)
I've got a new bumper for my pre-facelift k10 to replace the wrap around lamppost one it came with. It has a crack around the fake fog light slot which needs repairing. This got me thinking, how easy is it to get rid of the fake fog light bit? Any suggestions on materials to use? I think the tricky bit will be getting the finish as fillers will leave a smooth surface but I want it to blend in with the standard textured matt black finish. Thanks.

Why not get another fog from the breakers and fit it. It would look better than the reflector. :grinning:

cant be hard to wire it in so it would work.

Cars with one fog light on bug me, they look like they have a big red hemmoroid.
The texture would be tricky but if you put glassfibre resin on the top layer of filler and then dab it with a sponge or another bit of textured plastic while it's wet, that would give you a textured finish.
BTW; No wiring is needed to add a seconed foggy to the passenger side (dummy spot), there is already a connector for one tucked under the ledge inside the boot. The only thing you need to do is drill the hole for the plug to come through, unless you extend the wires and run them out of the drivers side hole.

if you get some gravi-tex stonechip guard , thin it by about 40% and spray it at low pressure youll get a perfect textured finish just like OEM bumpers, if you dont have acess to spraying equpment you can use plasback aerosol but build up in light coats, it may take 30 or so but its worht it

Back