strange bootlid and bumper questions

taylor89

Club Member (Trial)
hi, just picked up an '85 1.0 dx, and just noticed when i got it home the boot lids got a completely different shaped recess, instead of going straight along like the rest, any ideas what it is?
also it has skinnier bumpers on and only one fog light in rear bumper, much prefer the look of the deeper ones with twin lights, are these standard on later models or a bodykit? also would the deeper front bumper fit on a pre facelift? cheers for any help

oh, also the rear lights seem upside down? lol indies and reverse lights on bottom, breaks top this just because its a pre face lift? cheers

Yes what you have there, is an origional mk1 nissan/datsun micra. They had a more conventional boot lid with a licence plate recess and a handle with licence plate lights above it. The lights are smaller because they don't incorporate a reflector section, there should also be no spring under the hood/bonnet to lift it when you pop the catch (if it wasn't re-called by the dealer).

The facelift bumpers will fit onto a prefacelift micra with no modification needed.
They are a rare breed now and are worth more left origional, give it time and it will grown on you. There certainly isn't anything else on the road that looks like an origional mk1 micra.
Look after it kiddo and enjoy cruising in it. (Y)

yep, thats exactly what it looks like, and yeah your right about the bonnet too. original plan was slammed on banded steels or wellers with some jdm style arches, but think a change of plan now.went to view it, and its like being stuck in a time warp! lol 21000 miles from new, one previous owner, stupidly clean for a 25 year old car (one very small ding in the bootlid) seems a shame to change any of it, even came with some very retro seat covers thats been on since day one. any idea on what it should be worth? cheers

Well if you want an accurate estimate then some pictures would be a big help. It'll be a 1.0L 4-speed, DX is the equevalent to the later GS, mid-range model so it's not basic. I didn't catch weather it was a 3 or 5 door, if it's a 5-door then it'll be one of the 1st since that was the year that the 5-door was released in the uk. From the info you've already given and from the description of a timewarp car i would say that the value should start from £500min. But again that's just shooting blind without pics.

i bought this car on ebay, and the seller later e-mailed me saying that the clutch had given up.
He should have just told me that he wanted more £/ already sold. :(

Yeah, I contacted the seller on the morning and arranged to view on afternoon as he was on the way back from hull. When I got there he said someone had clicked buy it now, but still asked if it wanted first, sorry btw lol

Haha its no problem, it looks like a great car, hope you enjoy it.
tbh mate, dont think its the genuine car it seemed at first, mileage is a bit suspect, but still in decent nick anyway
also finally got pics working
DSC00450800x600-1.jpg

Crikey that thing is wearing a mini-skirt lol. I think that the later pre-facelift (87-88) bumpers may suit it better as they're longer. If you're not sure of the milage, take a good look at the levels of wear and tear on things like handles, steering wheel, interior, hand break and gear knob. Those things should give you as good an indication as any how much use its had. Looks like it's had a bit of a rear-ender at some time,
love the buggatti (BGTY) reg plate though :grinning:
Being a DX it's a bit of a wrestling car, all it needs is the trademark "suck it" sticker on a window somewhere :laugh:

tbh think thats just the angle of pic or something as its straight as a die apart from small dint in boot lid, gear knob, steering wheel etc all still look pretty much brand new, only things making it seem suspect are the drivers seats ripped, not wear on bolster but an actuall square of material missing(this was hidden by 80's seat covers tie wrapped on) and the sill has been patched in before.
yeah absolutely hate the bumpers, but might just put up with them for now

Yeah might just be the photo, on the picture, under the back bumper and just left of the centre of it. There looks to be a 5inch dint in the valance, it could be the lighting though it's hard to tell. I wouldn't worry about the rip, it's vynal (however it's spelt) so it's easy to catch it with the back pocket buttons on jeans and stuff.

Back