bumper adhesive?

Robb

Site Supporter
Whats the best thing to stick plastic bumpers back together with?

Ive been cutting holes in my rear bumper and dont know if i like the results :blush:

Should be able to do a good enough job smoothin n paintin just need to know what adheres best for unpainted plastic on plastic.

Thanks

Ai will do. What is plastic weld? Was gonna sort it today, i was thinkin more like if there was anything better than araldite? Pics to follow

Basically plastic weld or rod welding, is having a hot hair run, and strips of plastic which are then melted along the joins.

At work we use rod welding to join PVC drainage fittings together.

Image0161.jpg

I just want to put that bit back as i had carved out a smaller curve a while back (yellow line), i made the curve bigger for a laser backbox but i dont like the laser anymore as it is slightly too recessed and doesnt suit this bumper (dont think much does lol).

What i was gonna do is colour code the grey plastic strip soon anyway so it will look much better when thats done too. Ive cut the end of the tailpipe off the stock backbox and there is something about the first curve i cut that made a lovely raspy note just above tick over as the air baffled under the curve in the bumper. Now it just sounds sh#t when the gases pass through that cave of a hole i have now. :)

Happy accident! I have an old round exhaust trim which i customised a while back and due to the larger curve it now fits a treat as it didnt before. Its suprisingly similar to the laser backbox i got but the tip on the laser is recessed by about 1cm, which looks crap. I will update my blog with pics when its all body colour.

Cheers for the advice anyhoos

And no i can do without the sensors, im not that old! :)

Back