Bucket's VS MOT?

Cheef

Buy & Sell Member
I have my driver seat changed to an Impreza's seat. BUT I only have two bolts holding it in at present. And These seats don't have a seatbelt clip/harness/socket, Will this most certainly fail the MOT?

Unless I cut and re-weld the rails to bolt straight in and weld the standard belt clip to the seats metal frame?

As long as it's secure it's all good, if the seatbelt bolts to the seat then it needs all 4 bolts.

Surely it's not that hardto knock up some brackets to make them fit properly

The seat must be securely fitted, as must the belts/harnesses, and e-marked.

If your seat is held in by 2 bolts, I'd be more worried about what would happen if I crashed than if it would pass MOT.

I'm making up the brackets for the seat and welding on the clip today too. I want to know what an "E-Mark" is though?

eu approved thingy. you don't need it though, you will not find any MOTers that check for the emark on every part of each car they test!

Phew...That's a relief :D, Just thinking now I originally wanted non-electric 300ZX seats keeping with the Nissan theme. I may just swap this one out.

eu approved thingy. you don't need it though, you will not find any MOTers that check for the emark on every part of each car they test!

No, but they will likely check for it on non-standard parts.

My seats and harnesses were always checked.

Though, it's more than likely going to be E-Marked since it's from another car and not after market.

My MOT tester just pulled on my 3 point harness to make sure it was securely attached, guess it's just down to luck on the day. Didn't check all my custom lights either, which was lucky as they weren't e-marked

my rear lights aren`t e-marked and that passed straight through the mot at nissan themselves i think if you make sure it don`t rock about all over the place mate you`ll be fine

Thanks fot the comments so far, I got my seatbelt clip welded on to my bucket now at the grand total cost of 4 whole earth pounds. :D

Next step is to actually weld a flange onto my seat and put in the final bolt(s). ;)

Back