Broken contacts on heated rear window - how to repair?

Hi - while replacing the hatch trim after replacing the door switch I’ve yanked the heated window contacts off on one side. Can I just resolder them? Any tips/tricks/traps?

Thanks.

I've used an electrically conductive paint to repair broken screen heater elements in the past, Halfords used to stock it , still might. If it were me I'd look to bond the contacts back on the window and then remake the electrical connection with the conductive paint. Of course I might be misunderstanding where you've broken it.

I've used an electrically conductive paint to repair broken screen heater elements in the past, Halfords used to stock it , still might. If it were me I'd look to bond the contacts back on the window and then remake the electrical connection with the conductive paint. Of course I might be misunderstanding where you've broken it.
I think you’ve got it right. I’ve pulled the contact off the window. Everything else is fine.

I managed to tear my heated window contacts off while repairing some broken wires to the rear hatch. I repaired them using some electrically conductive adhesive tape that I got off ebay. I'd pulled quite a lot of conductive material from the glass so I didn't think the conductive paint was going to be enough. Wrapped the tape round some small adhesive foam pads to help take up the uneven surface I had created. If you, or anyone else would like a piece of this tape let me know.

Back