Bridging subs, Pete?

Robert

Ex. Club Member
I need some help with bridging my subs to my amp..

I have front input and rear input RCA's on the amp, one subwoofer RCA on the headunit.

I've wired the RCA to the front inputs, and the left sub works,
I've wired the RCA to the rear inputs, and the right sub works.

So at the minute, I've got one RCA plugging into one of the front inputs and the other into one of the rear inputs, which has got both of the subs working, is this the way it should be?

Don't ever link the front preamp to the rear, you'll blow something for sure, either use the front OR the rear output

You may have to flick a switch on the amp, have you got a pic of your amp? It'll be on bridged mode and you need to put it on stereo mode.

For example front input (channel 1/2) subs connected to front speaker output (output channel 1/2)

here's the amp:
amp.jpg

And how it's currently wired:
ampnow.jpg

How should it be?

i would suggest splitting the signal before it goes into the amp and putting one set of leads to the front input and one to the rear input otherwise you will be losing some of the power of the amp leave the subs connected as they are

is the amp designed for 4 channel by any chance

Yo.

Ignore Olly, he's just halved your power output to the subs! They were wired correctly to begin with...bridged on each set of outputs which gives them the most power.

As suggested above, you ideally need to split one pair of RCA's into 2 pairs (ideally you'd use the sub preout, but is this only one connection?).

I've actually got a couple of spare splitters that I haven't used for a couple of years, would you like them?

If so then send me your address via pm and I'll pop them in the post on Saturday.

Also, make sure the frequency switches are set to 'LPF' and each dial is around 80Hz, also turn off/down bass boost.

:)

Edit: Yes that's correct. I've got those splitters if you want them.

yeah so you end up with four rca`s going into the amp a bit like the diagram below sorry it`s so bad i finished work about an hour ago an am back in at six in the morning

Attachments

• amp wiring.jpg
    amp wiring.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 178
Back