* 400 Watts Max Output Power
* 2 OHM Stable & TRI-MODE Connection Possible
* 2 Channel 2 OHM Stable Multi-Channel Circuit Design
* Thermal / Short-Circuit / Overloading Protection
* High Efficiency MOSFET Power Supply
* Variable Bass Booster
* RCA Inputs & Speaker Terminals
* Power On & Protection Led Indicators

If you don't mind buying from hong kong and want one just search for: KOAC CAR AMP

Identical just a different colour. Mine is the v3 too.
With amps you get what you pay for and in a car with such low security I don't want to pay too much.
It'll be fine for a pair of 6x9's

Identical just a different colour. Mine is the v3 too.
With amps you get what you pay for and in a car with such low security I don't want to pay too much.
It'll be fine for a pair of 6x9's

have you got it yet or still waiting on it? i was looking at these as i was after a cheap amp as well, but didn't like the hongkong bit lol
i ended up outbiding people for a mutant amp 160w RMS :D only £18 :D

I dont even spot a fuse on that amp, and from the picture, the amp must be tiny. The size of the connectors puts it into perspective, so you're probably looking at 2 x 20wrms or similar?!

Anyway, you'd have been better off buying a better amp second hand! :)

Good luck with the magic smoke ;)

Edit: Avoid Shark too. However, Mutant isnt too bad for the price.

Size isn't everything, just cos it's small doesn't mean it's low wattage and a fuse on the power cable will be just as good.

I dont even spot a fuse on that amp, and from the picture, the amp must be tiny. The size of the connectors puts it into perspective, so you're probably looking at 2 x 20wrms or similar?!

Anyway, you'd have been better off buying a better amp second hand! :)

Good luck with the magic smoke ;)

Edit: Avoid Shark too. However, Mutant isnt too bad for the price.

mutant are really good, the only amps i have found that support daisychaining

Daisy chaining or strapping? Quite a few of them have chaining rca's, including Kenwood and Pioneer.

Size isn't everything, just cos it's small doesn't mean it's low wattage and a fuse on the power cable will be just as good.

Nope and nope. You can't physically get more power out of something that is significantly smaller than it should be for it's 'stated' power output. The fuse on the cable is to protect the cable near the battery, the fuse on an amp is meant to be there to protect the amp.

Be careful with it. If you're willing to take the back off the amp then a picture of the insides would be good. It might well have an interior fuse.

As the title says this is a 'cheap amp' I don't expect it to be perfect.

I fuse my cables twice, on this amp it'll be 40 amp near the battery, 30 amp at the amplifier. Many of these 'bigger' amps have lots of room inside them, this may just be tightly packed components.

And yes, I'll have it apart the moment I get it.

one of the main problems that I have encountered with 'mini amps' is one of heat dissapation, they just dont have the surface area to cool them adequately.

As the title says this is a 'cheap amp' I don't expect it to be perfect.

I fuse my cables twice, on this amp it'll be 40 amp near the battery, 30 amp at the amplifier. Many of these 'bigger' amps have lots of room inside them, this may just be tightly packed components.

And yes, I'll have it apart the moment I get it.

Perfect, wouldnt you rather it be safe?

I was going to say, larger amps might have more space because of the heat they generate!

Daisy chaining or strapping? Quite a few of them have chaining rca's, including Kenwood and Pioneer.

Nope and nope. You can't physically get more power out of something that is significantly smaller than it should be for it's 'stated' power output. The fuse on the cable is to protect the cable near the battery, the fuse on an amp is meant to be there to protect the amp.

Be careful with it. If you're willing to take the back off the amp then a picture of the insides would be good. It might well have an interior fuse.

i think its daisy chaining, where your RCA leads go into the amp and then there are phonos for coming back out of the amp and on to the next one. i was looking for a cheap amp that would daisy chain to my active sub, mutant was the only one i found :)

I will have to put a cooling fan on it, but if it does burn out I don't care cos for that price it's worth the risk. My last mini amp lasted 5 years, it was Alpine though.

www.beclever-uk.co.uk

This is a great website for car sound system stuff, its all made in germany, good high quality stuff! and its cheap!!

i got an amp and sub from the website and they were amazing!!:)

Ebay: Try and find "the loudest" shop, its the best stuff on ebay!!, go onto advanced search and click, find shops, then, shop name only, the type the loudest!:p

www.beclever-uk.co.uk

This is a great website for car sound system stuff, its all made in germany, good high quality stuff! and its cheap!!

i got an amp and sub from the website and they were amazing!!:)

Ebay: Try and find "the loudest" shop, its the best stuff on ebay!!, go onto advanced search and click, find shops, then, shop name only, the type the loudest!:p

'The Loudest' is in no way the best stuff on Ebay, but its cheap for the power that the amps produce :). However, they've recently not been selling on Ebay, just on their website.

or box could just be a lie... no doubt some use peak power figures... and some state rms... I wonder if it would be a true rms... e.g. would 100w x 2 rms turn out to be 80w x 2 rms? balanced? unbalanced... will look forward to the results of the disecting... ;-p

I gave it some more thought yest. and it could also be the type of metal used... thickness, paint etc. and the actual design employed... flat plate versus grooved with heat sinks, vents etc.

Back