Brand new boot/fuel release cable - OUCH

cisco

» CMF Member
Bosito sent me up his flap mechanism thing which is in perfect condition. Then when I installed it I realised that the lugs on my actual cable were all brittle and snapped off. Beyond repair for gluing it back together. DAMN!!!

Then I got angry and ripped the whole cable out of the car and cut it into pieces with some wire cutters.

Its just old and stuffed. I could take the risk of finding one second hand that probably is also brittle because they only came out on 1995 (and maybe some 1996 micras?).. But I couldn't be stuffed.

So I just bought a brand new entire cable unit from Nissan. Its coming up overnight from Melbourne. Angers me at how expensive it was, but now I can just be done with it and have a brand new one in there that won't wear out for a very long time. It includes the entire mechanism aswell, so turns out now I will be keeping Bosito's one as a spare! But its a good thing to have as a spare.

Zoiks. $225. That's about the only genuine Nissan thing I've ever bought from them! bah!

CMF_bosito

» CMF Member
Cisco i still got the cable I would have given it to you for $15 and the lugs arn't brittle at all. It ended up geoff wanted what you wanted and I was the one getting confused so thats an option also.

cisco

» CMF Member
QUICK QUICK I'll ring up Nissan right now and try to cancel it.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yay luckily they were slack. Order not gone through yet.
CANCELLED.

AND: I'll take it thanks mate.. Saved me a fortune. Thanks.

cisco

» CMF Member
Ahh ouch mate. Hope you are ok.

Thanks for this.

I'll throw in a bit for postage aswell. $15, so $30 total ok?

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Wish I had more spare time !! More spare time means more Micra time.
Glad you had a day off Cisco. Us workers need a break now and then. Still have to work and pay our taxes so we can make sure the Govt. has plenty of money to educate the young ones.

CMF_hi3cmz

» CMF Member
If you where left hand driving car I could find it for ya cisco...

I got 3 AFM gasket, that one need to renew everytime takes it off, for USD$1 / ea, I found pretty cheap, and doom light swith at both door, two for USD$8, and yap, they are genuine parts. The most expensier parts was the master mat, because mine is full of pet skings + dry coffee everywhere, so I decided to not to wash it, so the mat was USD$80... ahh, and pair of sun visor for $35.

Back