brakes

has any one converted the rear brakes to disc? and also is there any thing that can be done to the engine 1.0l apart from the air filter and exhaust to get more bhp out of it?

im sure the brakes have been done before but ive heard that it is difficult, as for the more bhp out of a 1.0l, well you can start off with a manifold de-cat pipe or even a straight through pipe and a cat back system, you could then get ultimate/fast road cams, upgrade to 1.6 injectors & fuel rail, re-map your ECU or just go turbo lol it does take alot of money, just depends on how much your willing to spend ;)

Dont believe a rear disk conversion has been done. Plenty of info on the MSC about engine work so a search should return something useful. Briefly though, the inlet and outlet manifolds are very restrictive, so if you could get those replaced for uprated bits (custom made), then you should see some gains.

im sure the brakes have been done before but ive heard that it is difficult, as for the more bhp out of a 1.0l, well you can start off with a manifold de-cat pipe or even a straight through pipe and a cat back system, you could then get ultimate/fast road cams, upgrade to 1.6 injectors & fuel rail, re-map your ECU or just go turbo lol it does take alot of money, just depends on how much your willing to spend ;)

He has a K10. Most of that is irrilevant.

Is this a styling thing?

As i find the standard brakes on my povo spec LS more than adequate, infact very sharp, but saying that they never get that warm the way I drive it!

cheers ill have to try a disk conversion

I seen the rear disc setup from a AE92 corrolla on a k10 st before also the starlet turbo setup but not very straight forward to complete.

Just uprate the brakes on the front and you should be ok

Sure the back brakes arnt as good as the fronts (i've never locked them up, my mum tells me she did once and spun round :| lol, hard to imagine), but would you want the rears locking anyway? But yeh, they do look cool at the back.

Back