Brake warning light

Hi all, once again i have a problem. Right had the front brake pads replaced on the weekend all was fine for about 15 miles but then the brake warning light came on. Checked the brake fluid it was just below max so topped it up to the max mark the light was still on. It would have to be something to do with the brake pad change wouldn't it. Any ideas what could be causing this?
Cheers
John(Y)

If its the handbrake light problem, then i had similar problem ages ago (when the car was still my mom's). The handbrake light was on and on and on although i didnt have it up. Took it to my mechanic and fixed it right away. I guess something connected to the mechanism that tells you your handbrake is on snaped. Its was a quick fix.

ECU's of newer cars have the ability to check the pad wear. But i guess thats not in any K11 :) right? So i guess it's not connected to the pads being changed.

Greetings,
Alex

The warning light comes on K11's when the pads are low, because the fluid level drops. When you change the pads, and i guess push the caliper's piston back in, it should raise the level again. You shouldn't need to top up the fluid in the resevoir unless you've bled the brakes or had a leak, so i would forget about handbrakes and check the work you did last time. Its probably related to changing the pads.

Back