Brake Screetching Help

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
About a month ago I changed the brake pads on the micra. Had a bit of trouble on the drivers side, the caliper pistons were rounded of so I had to remove the whole caliper itself and try and carve down some new grooves to get the maul grips in there, failed miserably so i ended up wiggling the brake pads in the opposite way, seems to work fine, but because i had taken of the whole caliper it led to me having to bleed the fluid on the drivers side. After a bit of f-ing and blinding because the bleed cap was also rounded of me and the old man managed to get it sorted.

However the problem i have is not with the drivers side but the passengers side, it now screetches like an absolute cew! ive had a look and as far as i can tell theres no grit inbetween the pads or rubbing against the discs. The only thing ive worked out is that when i remove the pads and replace them again the screetching go's but then gradually comes back and gets worse and worse and worse untill its a constant screetch. The question i have is if this screetching is due to only bleeding the one side. i.e. wether theres to much pressure some how on the passengers side which is causing the brakes not to release? all help is apreciated, thank you.

studying the brake pads now, there looks to be a little uneven wear???

Back