brake problems can any one help

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
Does your pedal felt heavy on braking? I had similar problem... Managed to solve it by changing the master brake pump assembly and ensuring no vacuum leak ( the hose that connects to the intake manifold).

CMF_jonny A

» CMF Member
the micra runs from 1992 until 2000 i got told the master cylinder is the same and they look identical.. we bled the brakes tonite but still the pedal is straight to the floor the car has to be ready to go in 10 days and we are just baffled on what could be causing this. many thanks jonny

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
jonny A WROTE:

"the micra runs from 1992 until 2000 i got told the master cylinder is the same and they look identical.. we bled the brakes tonite but still the pedal is straight to the floor the car has to be ready to go in 10 days and we are just baffled on what could be causing this. many thanks jonny

ABS master has 2 outlets, std has 4. Also ABS booster(servo) is slightly larger

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
watch out for the load limiting valve at the back , it only kicks in and lets the brake fluid throu when the back is loaded down with weight. .

The haynes manual suggests bleeding the brakes in the following order ..

left hand rear
right hand front
right hand rear
left hand front

you may need a power bleeding kit to force the fluid in , but dont be gentle on the peddle , that air can take some shifting

CMF_jonny A

» CMF Member
okay guys i have a new master cylinder and servo in the pipe that runs from the cylinder to the inlet manifold when i pump the pedal air is pushing out thru the carb ny sugestions on what this is .... also i have got the brakes working but only when you give the pedal 3 or 4 pumps and about 10 seconds after it goes soft any one help me with this much appreciated with all the help so far many thanks jonny.

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
yep as Franks says ..with the engine off , you can pump the brakes till they go hard , keep the pressure on the brake peddle and then turn on the engine , the peddle should drop a bit , confirming the servo works ...

sounds like you still have air in the system ..

Back