Brake Master Cylinder ----------------

Ok, a question ere` if fitting the 100NX calipers, would there be any pedal travel before the pads start binding the discs, if so what brake master cylinder would be ideal to have a better pedal braking feel, don't want any pedal travel!

Also what differences are the 1.0L caliper & Disc compared to the 1.3 setup. As I have the 1.3 engine and the gearbox, shafts and hubs are 1.0L so am thinking would the 100nx calipers would go straight on to the 1.0L hubs?

Cheers

J

if the caliper pistons are bigger, the pedal will obviously have more travel J, you need to measure the dia,s of the pistons to work out by how much

Yeah its the pedal height adjustment, that's something I don't want to mess about with!!! that what ya mention is you can adjust the height either up or down but doesn't help with the pedal travel.... etc..... im sure someone ere` will have a solid proven answer !!! but thanks for your reply!!!

J

i remember pollyp describing how the brake pedal also has adjustment------ dont know if that helps though

yes, the bigger caliper piston increases the travel slightly between resting and biting.

a link to what I did
http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-3#post-396172

I suggest these steps:
1. adjust the throttle cable until you hit WOT and cable stops JUST as the pedal hits the bumpstop on the floor.
2. now increase the throttle pedal resting stopper (I ziptied a bike brake pad to the rubber stopper) until the cable has no slack. so now the throttle pedal is resting at its lowest point and still able to reach WOT.

3. recommend upgrading to braided stainless brake hoses to reduce the amount of "squish" between the point where it begins to brake and full braking.
4. adjust the brake pedal bracket against the master cylinder shaft till it begins to brake just as the brake pedal is level with the throttle.
loosen the locknut then turn the MC shaft CW to raise the brake point and CCW to lower the brake point, do not unscrew the bracket right to the last few threads of the shaft or it'll compromise its integrity. tighten locknut.

5. adjust the brake pedal rest point stopper bolt till the brake pedal bracket is slack when the pedal is fully released (under no load), tighten locknut.

6. bend the bracket holding the brake switch till the pedal triggers the switch only when fully released up.

Even with the 100nx calipers give pedal travel? I was told without all the adjustments to fit the primera brake master cylinder which eliminates the pedal travel, didn't think there would be that much difference from the standard caliper over the 100nx but if a master cylinder was the option to do a swap and bleed the brakes etc, from what year and model Primera would I use regards to the Brake Master Cylinder?

Cheers

J

I use a gti-r master cylinder but I have gti-r brakes and 100nx drums. Overkill on a 100nx from caliper setup and micra rear
P10, P11 primera :) anything around that age get the suitable servo too

I use a gti-r master cylinder but I have gti-r brakes and 100nx drums. Overkill on a 100nx from caliper setup and micra rear
P10, P11 primera :) anything around that age get the suitable servo too

I did have GTI-r calipers but thought they would be more than I need for my application so I sold them and the calipers were like new!! with the 100nx calipers I got for £20 was a result, just needs alittle clean then a paint job to make look nice etc...... so basically I see that ill need a brake master cylinder and a larger servo to compensate its pedal travel etc... can I ask what larger servo from what Nissan would go into the micra? any info would be great, I don't fancy taking my car on the rollers in a couple weeks time to find out on the way back I cant stop....

J

Back