Brake discs - Drilled, grooved or both?

H

Herr_spl1ff

First, I'm aware that vented is a better option but I'm skint and just happen to have a spare set of discs lying around... I also know someone who can accurately drill/groove them and keep them balanced.

So, just wondering what to do with them. I'm tempted to drill and groove them as they both have different advantages but not too sure how that would work on such small discs. Also would it give worthwhile benefits?

Any suggestions people have would be welcome.

Cheers

i have drilled and grooved BLACK DIAMOND discs on mine with EBC greenstuff pads and they work just fine,i didnt see massive improvments but certainly better

Would probally recommend gettin proper groved disks mate, don't really need drilled ones unless you got a super fast car!
Titch

RE: RE: Brake discs - Drilled, grooved or both?

Big_ben said:
get bigger discs :D

As I said, if I could afford to replace them I'd get vented ones :) Oh, and playing while I've got the opportunity!

Agreed it's not a quick car but I'm planning ahead so I've got things like brakes & suspension sorted for the next hike in performance :)

If you can get it done all nice and safe then do it, bear in mind hough that you will wear out pads faster with either drills or grooves

Any idea how much faster? Was under the impression grooves improved pad life by removing bits of road crap and keeping the pads form glazing.

It will be noticeable, but not stupidly faster, they munch pads due to their nature, can't really explain as i am a tired boy

Back