boot light

hi
tryed searchin but couldnt find out.
got a boot light from scrappy today, nd pluged it in to what i thought was the plug, nd it doesnt work. tryed a new bulb nd it wasnt tht. a suggestions, or pics? i have a 98 twister
thanks

hi
tryed searchin but couldnt find out.
got a boot light from scrappy today, nd pluged it in to what i thought was the plug, nd it doesnt work. tryed a new bulb nd it wasnt tht. a suggestions, or pics? i have a 98 twister
thanks

is there power getting to that plug?

I didn't have a plug or wiring in my 1.0L, and no boot latch switch but grabbed a boot light unit from the scrappy, cut a hole in the side carpet and screwed it into the body. The holes are already there behind the carpet. Best way would be to feed it from a constant 12V power line wire into a boot switch (such as how the interior light door switches work). Personally I couldn't be bothered and just wired into the rear side lights.

On my K11 2000 the spare plug by the cutout for the boot light is actually for the rear speakers if fitted, according to the colour code in the Hayes manual.

Good idea to wire to the side lights. I have added a LED stick on light and put a mercury switch in line with the battery so it switches on when the rear shelf lifts up. Will have to make it neater, as it was an experiment to see if it would work.

Ikea do a LED draw unit which switches on when you open the draw, uses a light sensor, that would be a neater solution.

Jeff

thanks for all the help, think it mite be that the lock isnt the one with the switch, i dont think the wireing's there either,

I didn't have a plug or wiring in my 1.0L, and no boot latch switch but grabbed a boot light unit from the scrappy, cut a hole in the side carpet and screwed it into the body. The holes are already there behind the carpet. Best way would be to feed it from a constant 12V power line wire into a boot switch (such as how the interior light door switches work). Personally I couldn't be bothered and just wired into the rear side lights.

go for that one then? interior door light
or if i remember right "will's" blog he done a good one

Back