bonnet dampers

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Hello!

I know they dont make any Bonnet Dampers for the Micra,but who here has modified some? Which ones would you recommend using?

What would i have to buy to make them fit?

a few on npoc.co.uk have modded ones to fit the primera. should be easy to do the same to the micra. they just used one of the standard wing bolt holes for the lower and drill a hole in the side of the lower bonnet skin for the upper, but you have to cut out a small hole in the lower bonnet skin to get a nut and a spanner to the back of the drilled hole.

here's a couple of pics, but couldn't find a close up of the bonnet.

6.jpg

8.jpg

I got some ones from scrappy a white back, of a big audi i think. never got round to putting them on. Can you weld? that looked the easiest option for fixing to the car body.

Er, just a thought, but can you use the boot dampers off the the Micra? Or won't they be powerful enough.?

I have just got a set off my mates cinquecento :upside: they are quite short but they had a lot of kick on his boot. Will try and see if i can do anything with them soon.

if you was to use boot lifter you would end up with a bent bonnet
the boot weighs alot more than a bonnet
boot lifter are really hard to push in by hand were proper bonnet lifters are alot easyer to push in

Back