Blown Engine??

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
Listen to the attachment.

Sounds like a bloody diesel.

anyway i checked the oil and there was NONE :eek: so i filled up with oil and took a 7 mile journey home and gave it some while not moving either. Still rattles louder that a rattle snake.

Ive been told it could be engine that is knackered cause of lack of oil.

Any ideas??

Attachments

• MOV00016.3gp
    203.9 KB · Views: 278
Sounds rather nasty. Probably find since there was a lack of lubrication its all nicely worn, bearing shells and all in there and there will be shards of metal everywhere.

Keep it going to see how long it lasts though :p

Roll on a 1.3 then?

chie's ran dry also, killed his engine really. Would smoke like hell and was powerless :s. Just before he scrapped the car.

when mine ran low on oil due a faulty oil filter seal,it ran dry for about 20secs while i quickly drove it to a petrol station yards away, once i got it home, replaced the filter and topped up, it ran fine, just like it did before

i have a tough engine

ive a 1.3 engine,and gear box with ECU. if your interested give me a shout.

Stu

the engine has only covered 50 k miles.the car was un repairable from mot. sills etc etc so i stripped it down.

offer me a price for the engine.lets get a deal sorted

stu

Yeh huge bearing noise. Keep driving it and you might just get to meet Mr Conrod or even Madam Piston! Although they will bash up Count VonBlockular so they can meet you.

will it kill me or the bonnet?? haha i aint a clue about engines and all this stuff. So piston rod through the block is like banging head against wall.

Rev it hard enough and it might. :p

Never actually seen a road car do that though. That sort damage usually only happens in race prepped donks doing in excess of 7000rpm at the time of failure.

Hang on - you've spent all this time and effort on body work when you haven't even serviced it???

Call me crazy but doesn't a haynes recommend every year or 9000 miles the has to be changed? or at least put in?

Andy fella - get your self down to a college night course on basic car repairs. this shows you how to services and look out for problems - it's not a full mech course but i found is useful.

Also don't forget our guides. To do a services is easy enough on your own - check them out - www.mightymicra.co.uk

If it'd been serviced man it'd of been fine. When i heard it a Donny, it did sound like a bag of spanners. Maybe get it done now, but possibly to late :(

depending if your into the whole engine transplant thing or not you could get a low mileage CG13 for £50 if your patient and keep your eyes open!

my micra gets serviced every 3500 miles regardless. the k11 twincam has to be loved! they are only bomb proof if the sericing has been kept up. it only cost £15 for oil and filter. 10w 40 semi and a oil filter. plugs cost £1.50 to £2.00 a plug NGK only!

I must stress the importance of servicing - i hate to say this but this is down to human error.

Why can't people take 2 hours a fortnight just to check over levels etc. This would never of happened.

Servicing is key, might be a small dent in pocket paying someone to do it, so learn how to, and it's cheaper than a new engine.
If you love your car enough, which you seem to, then this is a must, plus regular maintainance helps keep a decent BHP

goldsar as you have just said.."a small dent" think at how much you spend when you'r out on a fri or a sat night?? As im not a drinker or a smoker, my £££ is saved and then the left overs go on the car. ive just spent £17 on auto glym off ebay.
see the point tho.

Basic Service

Spark Plugs - £5
Engine oil - £16
Filter - £4
Peace of mind theres enough engine oil - priceless

Get a haynes and look over our sites and treat them as ur bible!

All of this is now irrelevant if damage has been done. First thing to fail will be big end bearings. I would seriously now find another engine if it really does sound as bad as people say.

its stopped the noise now. Im gonna service it weekend. Ive been meaning to do it but ive just not been bothered. oops :(

21,000 miles in 1yr 4 months and not serviced. i serviced it when i bought it.

Andy_S said:
its stopped the noise now. Im gonna service it weekend. Ive been meaning to do it but ive just not been bothered. oops :(

21,000 miles in 1yr 4 months and not serviced. i serviced it when i bought it.

You must really love your car.....

i left mine 20,000 without changing the oil once due to lack of knowledge and my parents attitude of "oh it'll be fine".

thank fully my car seems fine and now it obviously gets regular oil changes :)

speaking of service's,mines booked in for monday morning :) and its first one

9.5k since sept '05 and its costing £170

if they say it need new dics they can **** ill save up for some brembos grr

rlees85 said:
i left mine 20,000 without changing the oil once due to lack of knowledge and my parents attitude of "oh it'll be fine".

thank fully my car seems fine and now it obviously gets regular oil changes :)

Yep mine say the same...lack of knowledge has ment my poor car hasnt had a service in the full year and a bit iv had it :blush: but after joining this site I now realise that it has to be done.

I asked my dad the other day how I changed the oil and he just laughed and said dont be daft it will be fine. When I get back off hols its gonna be the first thing I do!

Ive done 20 k with out full service in the past... but now always look after current engine in my car...

oil and coolant are most important things...

water and oil... check ur levels before ANY big trip and regularly...

also keep a sly eye out for leaks/oils stains in your regular parking spot etc...

My car has been serviced twice and just recently had another oil and filter change in the year and a bit that I've had it. :) Quite proud of that. :wasntme: Oh well, it's easy to pay someone else to do it......

Haynes says 36k or every 2 years for coolant. ;)

since im pretty local to you, how would like me to teach you one weekend?
im a pro i work at nissan!

yeh that would be great...lol im sure there was a warning about meeting strange men off the internet...I work alternative weekends so we will have to arrange something thanks

lol good plan andy, as for the coolant im pretty sure it'll get changed when my engine gets rebuilt in a week or two (or three or four.... :p)

Back