Blimey - it's got tweeters!

madmezza

Ex. Club Member
Just been playing with the car (k11) now that I have my Alpine SPS-171As (components), and found that the car (a GLX) already has some tweeters behind the grills on the B post (I think it's the B post - the one by the windscreen).

Well, I was suprised - I thought they were only there for show.

Anyway, does anyone know if there's crossover (or 2) anywhere, or do the speakers just rely on their sensitivity at low/high frequencies to seperate between woofer and tweeter?

Cheers

A piller :) abc from front to back,

the tweeters have their own filers on the back of them if you look closely. they are just capacitors...

i took mine out and fited up rated ones ;)

Cheers Nex

the Alpines that I've just got are components, so I've got some nice heavy 1" tweeters in the pack. They have mounting brackets so you can recess them into the dashboard or mount them on swivelling pods, but I'm wondering about just replacing the ones that are already there (i.e. keep it behind that grill).

Not sure - as the HF sound is very directional so the swivelling mounts might be good, but then I don't really want *anything* on show as I don't want things nicked.

Cheers for the pillar info - that makes a lot of sense. For some reason I thought the A pillar was the one in the middle of the car!!

Cheers

Back