Question: Big Help needed: Do they all match up??

Hi All,

Just a few questions

Will a CG13DE Gearbox fit on a CGA3DE Engine?

Is there any differences with a CGA3DE engine block if an auto or manual gearbox is fitted?

Will the CG10DE + CG13DE cylinder Head fit the CGA3DE Block?

Thankyou Harry

Yes the gearboxes are interchangeable as the blocks all share the same mounts.

You can also use a CG10/13 head on the CGA3 block. Many people do this in rallying so they can retain the distributor and original ecu. There are some minor differences with coolant and oilway shape, (can be seen in the head gaskets), but none that cause issues.

Frank has done this many times and I'm sure will have some pics & info kicking around in his archives :)

Thank you very much low rider, and frank I'll have to get looking at some of your posts lol.

What it is, I have managed to track down a CGA3 auto engine with 50k on the clock, but at the same time managed to find a CG13 gearbox with Gripper diff and 5.1 crown wheel and pinion, whilst I have sitting at home a polished and ported dizzy head from C & P Motorsport.

Is all this going to work together?

the pre-98 1.0 has smaller shafts/clutch/fly and different g/box mounts and rods harry, but the wiring will be fine (bar the neutral/reverse plug)

Hi All,
Just a quick update, just bought the CGA3 auto engine back from the breakers and it mint other than a small hole in the sump, will a 1.0 or 1.3 sump fit ok?

Back