Big hello!!!!

Gents thought id say hello!!!!!,based in reading but cars a little different,its a 67 austin cooper with a k11 engine fitted,tank loom,the lot!!!!hope you dont mind its totally std bar the exhaust and filter kit,hope to come on here for advice!!!!

cheers murf.

should of seen manager at nissan reading when I went in to get a new key cut!!!!.

going to some pics soon,on photobucket with link!!,all I know the engine came out of a 51 plate micra,with 7k miles on it,have lots of questions to ask!!!!!!!.

cheers murf.

sorry were all very illiterate and prefer pictures to drool over :p

if its a 51 plate im guessing it would be a coilpack? im most likely wrong and you will find the engine number to the right of the exhaust manifold

pics

cant get photobucket to work!! at mo,if you google micra powered nissan,16 v forums its on there,the guy who built it is called flying bannana!!!dont ask me why,any help with engine greatly appreciated.

cheers murf.

welcome
this photobucket problem,,,,,scroll down your home page and select TOOLS from the bottom then the multi loader
this works for me

it looks great murf (Y) and welcome

Attachments

• murf.jpg
    murf.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 267
had a look at paperwork that came with the car,engine size is 998,has a coilpack,micra tank in the boot,dyno sheet 70hp at wheels,question i have is is there a 1.3 or 1.4 engine in the same set up,5 speed etc,reason i ask iis want to go a little faster,ideally would have to buy a complete engine,ecu etc.micra donor car was a 51 plate.

cheers murf

Hi Murf! The 1.3 has the same dimensions as the 1 litre and has the same gearbox. Plus it has 75hbp as standard

frank im not completely sure this guys knows his micras, hence asking for help... so following from frank id say get more close pics up etc and we can help you the best we can!

pics

will try again tomorrow for pics at work at mo!!!!!, cheers guys.

1.3 seems the way to go though,found some posts on mini site about guy who built it,what sort of money does a cmplte 1.3 engine box ,loom ,ecu go for?is the ecu the same on a 1.0 ,as the 1.3?sorry for all questions the quest for speed goes on!!!

cheers murf.

Move this to a blog dude going to be some good info on this so id guess under k11 blogs under k11 general discussion! It will be seen more than under other car blogs!

Also i believe the 1.3 box is too big for the mini so you are limited to about 100bhp witha 1ltr clutch

V
But depends how its been done!

Also cant believe its got a k11 dash! Although prefacelift dashes are better!

And yes ecus are the same between them however to make it simple would need to be a coilpack 1.3!

Would love to see this in the metal! Where are you based?

Move this to a blog dude going to be some good info on this so id guess under k11 blogs under k11 general discussion! It will be seen more than under other car blogs!

Also i believe the 1.3 box is too big for the mini so you are limited to about 100bhp witha 1ltr clutch

V
But depends how its been done!

Also cant believe its got a k11 dash! Although prefacelift dashes are better!

And yes ecus are the same between them however to make it simple would need to be a coilpack 1.3!

Would love to see this in the metal! Where are you based?

love it dude i like the badge brilliant idea!!!!!

also i see you have the pants clocks! look at some with rev counter... however its a shame that its a coilpack engine as i think its easier to do transplants but dont count me on this... id see what frank says about this

yeh, its the coilpack gearbox with the crank sensor mount eh, the yard i use ships them to germany for crazy money for some reason (probably due to the notorious QG15 g/box problem)
fitting a CGA3 (1.4) crank would be your best option murf (the 1.3 cranks dont have the timing dowel for the coilpack flywheel)

Luvin it, was gonna get a project mini but the allure of the micra was too strong. Looks awesome mate (Y)

Back