BEST tyres for standard 13" micra steelies

hi
im looking to get some nice tyres for my car for the winter as the existing ones are to say the least a tad dangerous in the wet despite having good tread,

is there anytihing you can recomend? i dont mind spending a little more, im used to buying yokos for my mini

thanks all

my first tyres were avon cr322 175/70/13 and they were great in dry n wet and lasted 2yrs after 22k miles of sporty urban driving. my 2nd set were yoko A-drive which were not as good in dry/wet and didn't last long.

Stay away from Uniroyal Rainexpert, not that cheap, but pretty bad when road is wet... Bad fuel economy also.

I just got some michelin energy e3b last week. Still early but initial impressions are good. for 155/70/13 they seem to grip pretty well.

unfortunately,there are alot of things in life where the more you pay, does not necessarily mean you're getting a better product..but for tyres fortunatley this is not true. stick to brands you've heard of and you'll be fine. i work in the trade and deal with all kinds of tyres from budget to premium. as ur only after an everyday tyre, but want the best, buy michelin. seriously no tyre lasts as long and wears as welland performs too. but if it were me and i only wanted a tidy tyre for a bit cheaper i'd go for something like a hankook. stay clear of stuff you might never of heard of, crap like wanli and triangle...hope that helps

I got goodyear duragrip on stock 14s, i bought 65s over 60s cos it was £100 less for 5. Always ####es down in glorious coalville and they've been awesome

The Best is Michelin Energy Saver
I had them on my previous car and believe it or not they last 65000km (2.5 years) and there was still life in them. very good performance in dry and wet conditions.
would strongly recommend
It is pity they dont do the size for a Micra.(165/60 R14)

Back