Best rust protection

Hi all what's the best product to Prevent / Treat rust.

I've heard of :

1. Hammerite waxoyl

2. Dinitrol

3. Schultz

Which ones the best and price range you guy reckon?

or if use know a better treatment/ preventer that would be great :)

To treat rust none of the above you need to bare metal or cut it out to treat rust, but preventing then any wax oil will help, I find schultz to be best in my opinion. But a good coating of por15 then a waxoil will give you have a dam good protection.

I went to bare metal inside and outside, on The inside the first coat where water can lie --- hammerite rust eater. When that cured I used hammerite stone chip on the inside finished with a few coats of clear lacquer to seal. On the outside, to the bare metal then rust water/ etch primer depending on the condition of the metal finished with body schutz. Some areas hard to get to where coated with acf50 , same as boeshield t9 and the rest with waxoyl. If you treat over rust it will just eat through the metal. The weather recently has been a bit monsoon, so here are a few pics of how the products I used are holding up..

Attachments

• WP_20161123_13_17_36_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161123_13_17_36_Pro.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 191
  • WP_20161123_13_18_56_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161123_13_18_56_Pro.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 212
  • WP_20161123_13_36_40_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161123_13_36_40_Pro.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 177
  • WP_20161123_13_19_35_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161123_13_19_35_Pro.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 240
  • WP_20161123_13_20_05_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161123_13_20_05_Pro.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 207
I'm in the middle of sorting rust on both back arches. I work as a car detailer so I've used lots of different thing for rust prevention/protection. I'm using hammerite on the Micra, sanded back to metal then a couple coats of rust of rust protector. Once that was done sanded back using 80 then 240 then 400 grit sand paper for a smooth finish! But if there are still bumps and imperfections you can use a filler paste to fill then sand back for a smooth finish. Now just need to sort more rust areas then sand and prone ready for a full respray!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the middle of sorting rust on both back arches. I work as a car detailer so I've used lots of different thing for rust prevention/protection. I'm using hammerite on the Micra, sanded back to metal then a couple coats of rust of rust protector. Once that was done sanded back using 80 then 240 then 400 grit sand paper for a smooth finish! But if there are still bumps and imperfections you can use a filler paste to fill then sand back for a smooth finish. Now just need to sort more rust areas then sand and prone ready for a full respray!

Whats the arrange cost for paint these days? I'm thinking about spraying my car (obvs not with spray cans lol)

Whats the arrange cost for paint these days? I'm thinking about spraying my car (obvs not with spray cans lol)

It's costing me £55 for a custom blue paint, primer and lacquer (for a spray gun) plus painters tape for the full car. Then spent about £20 for rust protection, filler and sandpaper. But that's with me doing it all myself so I'm not too sure what other paint shops would charge for paint etc plus labour! on the plus side Micras are small basic cars so it's not a hard job

Probably not worth it. You wont have the car long enough to worry.

Well it depends on what your plans are for the car tbh because mine is a project car and not my daily but if your using it for just a run a bout and not bothered then yeah it's not really worth it

Back