160sr exhaust cat back

Alright. Has anyone had a sports exhaust back to the catalytic convertor fitted, and what power gains did it provide. Have been quoted £550 for a stainless cat back. New muffler and mid box, and 2.25 inch pipes, as apposed to standard 1.75. Have been told to expect an extra 20 bhp. Looking at exhaust pipe sizes, 1.75 does seem a bit small. Had the option of having performance cats fitted, but that was another £250. Thinking of just having the cat back for now. Having a sports manifold and performance cats, would be optimal.
Has anyone had this done, and what were the results like?
Thanks.

20hp from just a catback is a bit optimistic. That’s almost a 20% increase. I’d expect more like 5hp or so max.
Thanks, thats what I was expecting generally. However, the people that have had the cobra stainless muffler fitted to their 160s, have got an extra 10bhp, with an airflow upgrade. The 160sr and engine was a bit of an after thought, not sure if its optimised for performance. Will get it done, then dynoed. Didn't know whether the cats and manifold were worthwhile.

Thank you, I was. I had the gan piggy back ecu fitted that you mentioned. I didn't think it made much difference. I haven't driven it much. However, recently I've felt the car is faster, yesterday, I kept up with an audi without thinking, and didn't realise I was doing 100mph on the clock. I wasn't pushing it, and it wasn't flat out. It said it takes a while to adjust. Getting exhaust fitted Monday, already have the kandn. I'll do some driving, then getting it dynoed on Friday, to see what the gan and exhaust have done.

I haven't driven the car much since fitting the gan, and thought it didn't do anything. Forgot about it, but started thinking acceleration was a bit better. Yesterday, realised I was keeping up or pulling away from other cars driven fast, more easily. Still not sure if its the gan. Will get an idea next Friday with dyno.

Thanks, it doesn't mention 1.6, didn't fancy taking a chance. Had cat back done. Nice sound, not too loud. Quicker acceleration, not tried top end. Mpg gone from 40 best average, to 46? Always had impression exhaust was too small/clogged up. Possible original exhaust.

I'm cleaning my exhaust few times a year by driving nonstop, average speed 115km/h, 4 hours one way to 'home' (parents house).
Coming back 'big block' feels much crispier and throttle response has improved.

Back