bearings

CMF_giannishazel

» CMF Member
ok.so i am starting repairing my cg13 engine and i bought a set of acl bearings ms-1202a(5m2769-std). it is for a ma10 engine but they will fit cg13.is it correct that cg13 and ma10 have the same bearings?also the conrods bearings have a part number R2070A STD and they were supposed to be for a ga13 engine but again they will fit cg13!!!so are the ga and cg conrod bearings the same?i know it sounds confusing but any help is really appreciated

CMF_giannishazel

» CMF Member
ok
frank i did a little work in the aluminium that holds the main bearings(i do not know how it is called) and i have fitted them just fine cause the outer guides did not fit in the aluminium.no crank play,it turns great.are the conrod bearings of the ga13 exactly the same in order to fit them to cg13?do you remember frank?cause i did a search and can not find any info..again many thanks

CMF_giannishazel

» CMF Member
frank i have seen that already.the box outside clearly says for MA at pollyp s engine but i could not find details about the grinding that i have done.i am sure that they do not fit without the grinding.it does not stays in place.i am reffering to the main bearings since i have not open the conrod ones yet

CMF_giannishazel

» CMF Member
frank can you tell me something about the 2 oil passages in the second pic of pollyp?the engine i am rebuilding has a single passage in the block so did the bearing i put(ma) although the 2 holes(block and of upper bearing do not line up perfectly but at least you can stick 2 toothpics in!!!!)..was there an upgrade with the two passages?the conrod ones fitted fine

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
the holes in the mains shells feed the crank galleries and big-ends eh gianni, so a toothpick hole may not be enough.
and paul said his 2nd hole was to lube the chain ??
so GA big-end shells fit ok then mate ?

CMF_giannishazel

» CMF Member
yes the conrod bearings fitted ok frank,no mods required there..now i see what my mistake was..at the first crankshaft bearing upper side the aluminium of the block has 2 oil passages and all the other passages where the bearings sit have one.all the main bearings of the ma have only one hole.the point now is,did the original cg13 first main bearing has a single hole or two?that should be my question from the start frank. so do you know if there is a main bearing from a set you have used with 2 holes in order to fit in the first(2holes block)position or all the bearings are the same like the ma10 ones?and do excuse my english

CMF_giannishazel

» CMF Member
well it does have a second hole but frank have you ever seen from your expecience an oem cg main bearing with 2 holes?i mean maybe it is supposed to be "blind"so as the oil to overflow outside the bearing...confusing...and the thing is that i have thrown away the oem bearings and i can not remember if there was one with 2 holes(the first one)

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
they,re gonna have that hole in all 5 eh gianni, because the shells were size graded/selected on assembly at the factory, and its probably smaller to limit the flow (pressure drop) to the chain

CMF_giannishazel

» CMF Member
well frank i just took apart the crank and drilled a hole to the first upper shell little bit smaller than the original one that alredy has.it is allinged now with the second oil passage of the block.i will leave the other upper shells with just the existing hole and i will not drill the smaller one the cg oem bearings have.since the MA cranks did not have problem with a single big one i think that also the cg13 crank will be fine with just one..

CMF_giannishazel

» CMF Member
frank you are right again about the ma.i have drilled the second hole to the first upper shell that overflows to the crankshaft gear in order to lube the lower chain already.i will just leave the other shells with a single hole and i will not drill another new small one in each of them.although i think that the chain is also lubed by the oil that flows down from the cylinder head.well i have my camera to be fixed but i think i am gonna post some pics about the whole project soon

Back