BBE, or is it BBS

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Ive just switched off the above setting on my Pioneer Deh9600 and the sound seems to be better than with it switched on. I had to make a couple of other adjustments with the EQ but think i've got it pretty spot on now (for sound quality, not blow your head off base)

But, what does the above do? Do you have it switched on on your head unit? and is it BBE or BBS? I cant remember despite switching it off just minutes ago lol..

it is bass boost n what i noticed tho is it as it raises the low freq throughout all speakers not just sub where as i find its better to keep the main low freq to the subs

i think thats why i've noticed a clearer sound throughout the car. The mid and high range on the fronts sound alot clearer!

Basically it does this:

Natural Musical Realism -music has great "live presence". Unlike some "exciter" devices which add fatiguing artificial harmonics to the signal, BBE adds nothing artificial to the signal but instead restructures it to faithfully allow all the detail and nuance to be heard.

Full Frequency Operation -Highs frequencies are clearer, naturally brilliant and more finely detailed. Lows are tight, well defined and harmonically rich. All from a single processor with easy two-knob adjustment of the BBE process.

Back