Bad starting

My 93 1.0 K11 finally decided not to start this morning- it was a bit weird- it didn't seem like a dead battery as it was still churning the engine over (not slowly like when the battery really is nearly dead). Even trying jump leads to my dad's Focus didn't change the turn over speed of the starter- eventually, after about 2 minutes it finally started. Does this sound like some ignition/battery fault, or perhaps a throttle body fault- can anyone suggest what it might be or what I need to check? The plugs and leads were replaced in Feb and apart from the sticky starter pinion a few months back it has been fine. Cheers

Just been out to try it now and it started fine- like normal, with just a quick turn of the the key. It's all a bit strange to me!

clog in the fuel filter? its been hot recently, if the car is left for a while the fuel in the sytem can evaporate quite easily

The car had been sat since Saturday afternoon when I washed it (didn't touch under the bonnet), and it was when I went to go to work this morning that it wouldn't start. This lunchtime it was fine, as well as coming back from work tonight. I'm in the Lake District and it hasn't even been warm recently!
The fuel filter was changed in Feb, so it is newish.

water in the system? cracked dizzy cap or damaged leads?
get some holts spray...
or just one short run... twice ive noticed... with my k11 anyway that if i start it to move it a few inches.. from cold... may be starter or something gets short and it kills the battery so when i do have to move it a few meters after some days.. i let it run for a few mins... think this prevents fuel blocking too...

id still check the batt power / alternator etc.

could also be fuel pump fuse... pull that out... turn on ignition and push the fuse back in... see if it starts...

any codes from the ecu??

Back