Bad Bad smell

S

*samantha*

Hi all,
I've got a 1998 nissan micra twister its got 79,000 on the clock. Great little runner, but lately when i pull up outside my house, (no where else!!!!) its been smelling really bad of eggs ive heard its the cat converters, but what can i do to get rid of it?
Its a pain in the arse because i can do about 30-40miles including stopping and it won't smell but as soon as i pull up outside my house it does it, I think it must know when its home. lol.
so any ideas would be a great help, thanks

the egg smell is the cat and it will need replacing, a replacment can be bought for peanuts down a scrappy or given to you for free. To replace it will cost you £15 for new gaskets and £20 or so in labour unless your handy with a breakers bar and some rustol.

As for the smell coming from outside your house only this could be several reasons;
you walk near the rear of the car (sad but true)
you most likely do a shorter trip on the way back

If you have the time it can be changed within an hour or so, Might have problems with the bolts being rusted etc, but i've changed mine a few times with the de-cat etc, quite easy. However if you don't feel confident enough, I'd advise Mikes Idea. lol.

Darren.

same ere

Hi all,
I've got a 1998 nissan micra twister its got 79,000 on the clock. Great little runner, but lately when i pull up outside my house, (no where else!!!!) its been smelling really bad of eggs ive heard its the cat converters, but what can i do to get rid of it?
Its a pain in the arse because i can do about 30-40miles including stopping and it won't smell but as soon as i pull up outside my house it does it, I think it must know when its home. lol.
so any ideas would be a great help, thanks

am having the same problem only mines alot worse! mine one jerks really bad and low revs (stuck @ 3k) (super s model)

Mine farts too. I used to blame Arnold till it did it when he wasn't in the car LOL. Think i'll get down to C R Marks!!

am having the same problem only mines alot worse! mine one jerks really bad and low revs (stuck @ 3k) (super s model)
Could be, but mine always jurked in the cold, pretty much any car will... But sounds like you have the same problem, yeah,

Thanks you guys. but i have another problem it also sounds like theres a tin can under my bonnet because when i set off it rattles like Edited heard its the timing belt am i right and if so what is the solution.

Common problem with k11's. Do a search theres plenty on the timing belt situ! I don't know the answer tho :)

Thanks you guys. but i have another problem it also sounds like theres a tin can under my bonnet because when i set off it rattles like Edited heard its the timing belt am i right and if so what is the solution.

the way you describe the rattling its probably the heat shield on the primary cat. the timing chain rattle is usually on start up

Back