Average idiots are learnin' now

CMF_JKL

» CMF Member
Tell me about it.... Im a licenced dealer and small 4's are like gold at the moment. Igot falcons that cost $2.5k 8 weeks ago and now their worth $2k.
I may keep the Micra yet....

smidge

» CMF Member
yeah saw it coming around this time last year when fuel hit the 1.25-ish mark...

filling up the thirsty twin turbo subaru got a bit annoying

CMF_LonePhantom

» CMF Member
lol! This is so funny. I was ready to send this on to my wife's best friend. She bought a 2003 Commodore wagon, and back at the end of 2006 she was wanting to sell it, but didn't understand that no one would buy it for the 20-odd thousand she thought it was worth!

She could not get it through her thick head that not so many people want to buy big fuel guzzling barges, especially at that sort of price when they are dime a dozen.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
smidge WROTE:

"yeah saw it coming around this time last year when fuel hit the 1.25-ish mark...<BR><BR>filling up the thirsty twin turbo subaru got a bit annoying<BR><BR><BR>

Haha, no I meant the day when cisco would be all like 'I told you so!'..

.. He's been waiting and wanting to say this for years and now its all come to fruition! Its all down hill from here cisco.

We still on for lunch on Wednesday mate?

Sean

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Any old jock could predict fuel would increase in price in the future.

What most forget is that fuel isnt included in the statistics for inflation.

So all of a sudden we've got yr 2000 pay rates but we're paying 2008 prices for everything.

And thats what's got everyone so shocked I reckon (even though they may not realise it). Ooops. I can't feed my V8 AND myself!!!

Shame too because it means I'm going to sell my pretty economical 4wd and hold off a few months for it to get worse and hopefully try and pick up an even better example with more $$$ spent on it for less $$ than I can sell mine for right now. I'm one of the few with an old 4wd which hasn't lost value in the recent fuel hikes - its a 4.2 diesel patrol - ultra reliable and only uses 11L/100km with my current style of driving (regularly thrashing the bejeesus out of it because it drives nicer when I do :p).

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
personally i dont see the HUGE deal with petrol prices increasing..(for me)

my fuel bill has gone up maybe 30 bucks a week..big deal...making it about 100 bucks a week.

im not shocked at all..annoyed..but yeah..thats life..

what does shock me is that people are living right at the edge of their means that a price increase in **** here and there all of a sudden means people are selling their houses, cars, etc.

then they say.."oh yeah i did spend a bit extra on an expensive house a few years ago...maybe I shouldn't have"

*lights cigar with 50 dollar note*

lol

aaron WROTE:

"personally i dont see the HUGE deal with petrol prices increasing..(for me)<BR><BR>my fuel bill has gone up maybe 30 bucks a week..big deal...making it about 100 bucks a week.<BR><BR>im not shocked at all..annoyed..but yeah..thats life..<BR><BR>what does shock me is that people are living right at the edge of their means that a price increase in **** here and there all of a sudden means people are selling their houses, cars, etc.<BR><BR>then they say.."oh yeah i did spend a bit extra on an expensive house a few years ago...maybe I shouldn't have"<BR><BR><BR>*lights cigar with 50 dollar note*<BR><BR>lol

lol, so true.. if you can't afford what you had a year ago... now, you probably shouldn't of had it in the first place. i hardly ever look at fuel prices, never really did, still consistantly put the best fuel in they have at the servo.. i need it.. no use whinging about it.

Back