Ask me if this was one painful SOB !!!!

CMF_rowstar1

» CMF Member
Anyone who has done a home job oil change with minimal tools and a crap jack knows this pain!

This took a good hr to get off. And a stupidly sore arm not to mention endless oil leaking out of every hole - how is there sooo much oil in an oil filter GOD DAMMIT?!!

The first time i did this last year was fkn hard enough, with arms bent all weird and trying to hammer with 2 inches of room to swing and only getting a 1/4 inch turn each time.

Oil in the eye isn't nice either.......man.......i'd nearly sell this thing rather than do it again. And this time round i knew what i was doing! Well i knew it would be hard but i kind of forgot how hard lol.

Anyway...it's amazing what an oil change can do for these cars!
It was running like PUSSS and making the weirdest noises.
All is fixed like brand new. Fantastic. car loves it!

Attachments

• 76507.jpg
    76507.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 25

CMF_rowstar1

» CMF Member
Thing is i almost could have got it off with my hands after the second 1/4 inch turn, but the jagged shards of metal pointing out the other side from the hole punching through meant it was no go and i had to just keep going......

hole....

after hole....

oil every where....

pissing rain....

hammering my fingers like 20 times......

one more hole........

nup no good.........

one more hole......

ahh finally :) woohoo!

CMF_Welshbob1964

» CMF Member
I thought of doing my own oil change and thought better of it when I looked, I took it to Halfords for a £35 oil and filter change in the end much easier :)

So far the only job I found on a K11 that is awful is oil filter location.

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
just been there , tried the rubber gloves , filter wrenches , it succumbed to brut force once I could get my arms in .

As you say , runs like a dream with fresh oil , I like to do 2 oil changes and 1 filter change a year .

CMF_rowstar1

» CMF Member
oil was burnt too....i still smell of burnt oil.

what causes that??

thing is i bought this Super S in December and the owner said it had a service before i purchased it......well that was complete bull crap now i see the oil! black and burnt.

CMF_rowstar1

» CMF Member
hmmm....not spending money then.....i have actually tried clamps before but they never grip. the angles on the oil filter are so slight that and prone to warp, so no grip, they do just slip under pressure. the filters with the nut on the end would be the bullet proof solution

Back