Are 1.3's getting rare

Ian

Ex. Club Member
Way back when when I had my first, second, third micra etc. Getting a 1.3 K11 was easy, anywhere in the country, walk out your door, trip over and you land on a 1.3 K11 for sale. Now I'm looking at some for my project (not planning to buy for a while so don't paste links) and there seems to be hardly any. In my area, about 3! I guess they are getting old and going to the great scrapyard in the sky. :(

Yup, they are and the auto engines are like rocking horse poo too. At this rate I'll start buying up CG10DE autos and re-building them instead........same block anyways.

I've not found them to be rare, I wouldnt find it hard to spote at least 5 in one day, there seems to be loads on ebay/autotrader aswell.

Super S and SR models are bloooody hard to find!! i know of a black Super S which is in total mint condition which an old lady owns and she did say she was looking for a new micra meaning (K12) she offered the car to me for 300 quid, she is the first owner and believe me the car is almost new..... am looking to get it for a second car to run around in!!....

J

Searched for around 8wks for my 1.3 Super S , use to be 10 a penny few years ago , wanted the original look rather than the softened Sr or Si look all down to personal taste , but there was a lack of the racier models i found !! Hanging on to mine now :laugh:

Searched for around 8wks for my 1.3 Super S , use to be 10 a penny few years ago , wanted the original look rather than the softened Sr or Si look all down to personal taste , but there was a lack of the racier models i found !! Hanging on to mine now :laugh:

The original look??? The SR has the egzact same body as the Super S. The only difference between models come in the interior as far as i know..

Different interior, different wheels, different grille if you go pre 96, heck the real early ones like mine even had k10 washer jets, sadly that bonnet got bent years ago and i have the normal later type jets now, (shame as that often caused a few frowns).

Most SS' are old and quite rusty in general but you do see a few nice examples still floating around. We're starting to look for very old cars now though, finding a decent K11 is tough when you're looking in the 94-98 band, but there are still a few nice ones around if you're lucky.

Hope you find something Ian :)

I shall be looking for the latest 1.3 I can find, seen an Si on the autotrader near me for £800, but it all depends on when I get the house. Then I invite any and all member to come and give me a hand, you never know, you might learn something ;)

When I bought mine back in October, there weren't very many within 60 miles of me that were being sold privately. Most were from dealers, who I avoided after the first 3 I looked at from different dealers were rubbish and nothing like their adverts.

Place is full of 'em. Seeing tonnes more younger drivers in them too.
Possibly because everyone is at work during the day you don't see them as often? :p

Thought there were differances , didnt think i was going mad , use to sell them in a dealership when they first came out well from 94 to 97 worked for nissan always liked the look of the early ones even though the punters preffered the soften face lift ones , they seemed to love the Vibe with the revised trim mud flaps extra a real flyer out of the sale room (Y) See a Green P plate Sr every day down the M4 slough way and looks nice but would preffer my 95 n plate , mad i know and in white dam its a ###### keeping clean in all this rain :doh:

Different interior, different wheels, different grille if you go pre 96, heck the real early ones like mine even had k10 washer jets, sadly that bonnet got bent years ago and i have the normal later type jets now, (shame as that often caused a few frowns).

The L plate I am selling has k10 jets ...well I presume they are as they are different to the ones on my later car

Yeah, mine's a very early '94 plate. I don't know when they switched them but I've not seen many with them that's for sure.

Took me a good few weeks of real world and online searching before one came up near me, and that was only because I went past it on the side of the road.
not a 1.3 but swansea seems to be a bit low on micras for sale. :eek:

I think the shortage is the reason the prices are going up. I've been looking at Micras for Sandra and they're much more expensive than cars of a similar age/type.

Back