Applied Throttle (Increasing Pressure) vs Full Throttle (Open) Questions?

Hey there fellas, don't often post my own threads, but just some curiousity kicking in i think hehe :).

So basically im riding around in my bare model k11 1.0 facelift (URAH) and recently its been flushed and had filter changes, all sorts basically!

Recently however i've been holding my engine at high-ish revs to see how it copes, sounds etc, now from the driving i did today, it is feeling like if i progressively apply the gas, (But never full to the floor) my car feels (Placebo? :p) like its actually accelerating faster then if i was to 100% put my foot to the floor.

So is applied throttle better then full on open throttle?
I also find engine seems to hit the higher speeds much better, sound much nicer (Mine gets quite rough with full throttle and i think thats my sludge problem for you)

I'd also like to add im fairly new to driving, so if what i'm asking sounds stupid, please let me know!

Discuss!!

from what ive learnt in my time in motors it has something to do wih the tb but im not sure on that one lol

but ill try to help :)

I dont think its a problem as such but ballancing throttle air/fuel seems to allow the car to pick up nicer progressively rather then dumping the whole task on it at once :p

Well because of dial innacuracy its more like 80 real time but 85 according to clocks then you hit limiter and you feel power drop which sucks lol cg10 feels like it can give more haha, quite fasst if you ask me, really want a 1.3 though but i think our engines seem to run more effectively with progressive increment to fuel/air.

Yeah clocks arent the most accurate. If you are using tyres smaller or bigger than what they should be then that will alter the accuracy of the clock. Best to plug a satnav in and get a decent reading to compare to the clocks with.

You were testing on private land aswell I presume :grinning:

Indeed having friends with private land in the countryside sure does have its perks, i have 13s on my micra, what will that mean?

Well because of dial innacuracy its more like 80 real time but 85 according to clocks then you hit limiter and you feel power drop which sucks lol cg10 feels like it can give more haha, quite fasst if you ask me, really want a 1.3 though but i think our engines seem to run more effectively with progressive increment to fuel/air.

any chance youve got super s dials or sr dials?

Indeed having friends with private land in the countryside sure does have its perks, i have 13s on my micra, what will that mean?

Well they're standard size micra wheels so that wont make a difference, but the tyre size will if they are different to the standard size.

any chance youve got super s dials or sr dials?

Naa mate, only GTO digital stock bare model ones, (Heat, speed and fuel) bare model (equation) you see.

I think it'l have stock wheel size also, they are stock nissan alloys so its whatever fits on them (although i cant remember what they are and its too cold to look haha :p)

Back