anyone with a 5 dr AND wide arches??

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
i want wide arches but also keep the practicality of my five door car. does anyone have any pics or know of any wide arch kits for five door cars?

you cant put wide arches on the rear door all the way to the front doors as it effect the opening since the door is petruding further it hits the body work as t cmes back. BUT. slope it down back to the right height by the time it gets to the front door and you can do it :)

if not i bet i can make it do it :p

thanks guys

well really i just want something to cover the wheels so it's still legal. i was thinking of a strip of metal riveted under the existing arch, kinda like mini arches. i was wondering if anything like that is already around or if i have to make my own....

anyone have any arches on a 3 dr that could fit a 5 dr...

yer i have wide arches on mine but its a 3dr
you could cut the arches to fit

dont buy them from nissan cos they will rip you off and the nissan ones dont stick out that much
you are better off goting down ur local car breakers thats were i got mine from

golf gti arches eh?

how difficult are they to get off?

any pics?

thanks mate :)

RE: RE: anyone with a 5 dr AND wide arches??

NeX said:
golf gti arches eh?

how difficult are they to get off?

any pics?

thanks mate :)

ether u can unscrew them or just pull them off

pics: http://www.barrie.me.uk/page13.html

http://www.barrie.me.uk/IMG_1084.JPG

Editted by Mike : Please do not put such large photo's on the forums

thats the kind of thing i'm after... i can't wait to see it all painted :)

how did you bring the wheels out??

blooming hell man reduce your image.;.

oh and nex. i have it on very good understanding froma very good source that the 5 door CAN have the wide arch kit fitted without any difficulties and has been done in tiawan

wayne

thanks wayne,

so now i'm on the look out for some wide arches :)

i think i might get suicide doors on the back which could cock things up a bit...

kristian has a wide arch kit, front and rear bumpers, arches and side skirts, currently for a 3dr but im sure with modification it would fit a 5dr, he's at work in london so he cant access the internet, i'll tell him to get on tomoz wen he's home

NeX said:
thats the kind of thing i'm after... i can't wait to see it all painted :)

how did you bring the wheels out??

i have not brung the wheels out `just need to`

spacers do this though. and longre thread bolts :)

the bolts simply knock out. and then u can get upto 30mm spacers (mini are most known for these)

i use 5mm spacers on my arches

quickdraw said:
spacers do this though. and longre thread bolts :)

the bolts simply knock out. and then u can get upto 30mm spacers (mini are most known for these)

i use 5mm spacers on my arches

do u know how much ruffly they cost

i might go for 15-20mm just to bring the wheels right in to the arches

well my 5mm cost £5.
depends were you go etc.
but i have seen some 30mm spoacers going for around £30 EACH.

but then see the effect afterwards and wow:p
nice

quickdraw said:
well my 5mm cost £5.
depends were you go etc.
but i have seen some 30mm spoacers going for around £30 EACH.

but then see the effect afterwards and wow:p
nice

is it a pound for every mm then :p lol

Kristians wide arch kit is gonna look awesome, he knows a really good bodywork shop who's done all the work to his SuperS, reckon they could re-work one to a 5dr

Nice, they look like the Myulholland arches, which can easily be done to a 5-door, WRC wide-arch would be harder work though

weel i was on my way home the other day and past some guy ditching an old golf Gti. so i stopped and asked if i could have the arches and he handed them over.. score!!

but i really want suicide doors now.. does anyone know where i can get them done?

NeX said:
weel i was on my way home the other day and past some guy ditching an old golf Gti. so i stopped and asked if i could have the arches and he handed them over.. score!!

but i really want suicide doors now.. does anyone know where i can get them done?

do the arches go all the way round the back wheel
or do the stop about 3/4 of the way round

they did afew types

thats were i got mine from a car dump with no wheels or windows down the local lanes:suspect:

Back