anyone from Shefield or near can help me

am waiting someone to lift engine in micra 1.3 swap over to my build 1.3 engine in my car as I will give my 1.3 engine as a swap on the job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about lining up when I drop it in ?

i always leave the shafts and starter motor in and pull the g/box over to the nearside, then i use the spare wheel bolt to hold the engine and box lined up (arrowed) then rock the engine onto the spline (while tightening the bolt)

P1070340.JPG

i always leave the shafts and starter motor in and pull the g/box over to the nearside, then i use the spare wheel bolt to hold the engine and box lined up (arrowed) then rock the engine onto the spline (while tightening the bolt)

View attachment 28120
Ahh I didn't think off that bolt trick to line it up, how about lifting the engine level so it's lines with the drivers mount ? Do I place a jack with a wood under sump then take then engine out so when I put new engine in, it lines up where I left it ?

Yeh jack under gearbox, but wat do I need under engine ? So it don't drop down hitting the drive shafts

Trolley jack but no need to bother with the block of wood was the implication I think, looking at Frank's picture.
Am guessing the gearbox will not go down if I leave the the mounts on, but with out a trolly jack under it, coz I only have 1 jack

Wood, pallets, bricks, metal pole across the chassis with a rope around the gearbox, family, friend, trusty dog?

A gearbox isnt that heavy on a K11 so dont worry too much

Wood, pallets, bricks, metal pole across the chassis with a rope around the gearbox, family, friend, trusty dog?

A gearbox isnt that heavy on a K11 so dont worry too much
yeh I can support the gearbox with bricks, and pull engine out with jack over the cross member on front, I'll make so head lights and bumpers, radiator, out first then I'll start

View attachment 28120
frank is that heavy to wiggle bk in the box ? Or is easy to take box and put that in after as gearbox isn't as heavy ?

the engine is sitting on the trolley jack mate, and you can see i have left 1 g/box mount bolt in (arrowed) for support, so you just need to rock the engine free
when you take the other 2 bolts out the g/box swings to the nearside a couple of inches, and that gives you enough room to pull the engine out :)

P1070338.JPG

the engine is sitting on the trolley jack mate, and you can see i have left 1 g/box mount bolt in (arrowed) for support, so you just need to rock the engine free
when you take the other 2 bolts out the g/box swings to the nearside a couple of inches, and that gives you enough room to pull the engine out :)

View attachment 28249
Ahhh I get it now the 1 bolt holding the gearbox mount allows me to rock it back so the engine is free for 2 inches more to push out?

Frank I might be able to get a engine crane for a day 28 pounds which is ok, with a crane can I take engine and gearbox as one piece so I can do the engine and put it together in my shed and lift them both up on crane ?

Frank I might be able to get a engine crane for a day 28 pounds which is ok, with a crane can I take engine and gearbox as one piece so I can do the engine and put it together in my shed and lift them both up on crane ?

Thats the best option by miles. Just remember you'll need 3l of new gearbox oil and a pan to catch the gearbox oil when you pull driveshafts.

Thats the best option by miles. Just remember you'll need 3l of new gearbox oil and a pan to catch the gearbox pil when you pull driveshafts.
I already drained my motor oil and gearbox oil out am ready to take the task on

It's pretty easy, just lift slowly, keep an eye on things like the pulleys catching on the master cylinder and should be fine :)

It's pretty easy, just lift slowly, keep an eye on things like the pulleys catching on the master cylinder and should be fine :)
I have put all the loom on one side near battery was, and will fit Thottle body in last so I can see the rear not catching nothing

I won't might mind if someone helped me as a engine can be taken free

Back