Any tips on the LAMBDA SENSOR?

So, i need to change the LAMBDA SENSOR got a new one here with the correct socket.. but ok for the love of god i have tried to get this thing OFF i have tried believe me i have tried with the power of THOR lol...
I've even used WD40/PLUSGAS to try and loosen it...

Anyone else here have had difficulties getting this thing off?

Good lord

What is your evidence for needing to remove & change the existing MAF sensor when it seems to be stuck in position & liable to be damaged in the process?

Applying WD & or Plus gas is liable to damage a good working Nissan OEM MAF in order to replace it with an aftermarket MAF of unknown provenance?

Last edited:
The brand is BOSCH (the one in the micra) the other one I'm buying is another BOSCH

The current one in the car is all brown the green plastic handle is cracked and the wires are loose.

Quote: “ Maf stuck in position with cracked connectors & loose wires” implies that it has been mishandled & perhaps sealed in position with jointing compounds Araldite or super glue?

Is the Laminar grid in position & a CEL on or off?

It's probs been sealed yeah that isn't coming off i don't want to use more force incase i sheer the nut.
Yeah everything seems fine, i'm giving the car a complete overhaul new parts and figured i'll change that next.

But i guess i'll just leave it? seems to be working as it should just it's very rusty.

Quote: “I guess I'll just leave it? seems to be working as it should”

That’s what I would do.

I was taught to only do the right work & avoid doing unnecessary work as perfection is time wasting & expensive especially when applied to 23 year old vehicle of little intrinsic value.

Good luck. :)

Back