Ants

h701micra

Deactivated Account
No not nats spelt wrong :p

But on a more serious note anyone have any tips/tricks to get rid of ants? Ant killer doesn't work and they're starting to get everywhere :(
Probably one of the more random topics :D and yes before anyone says it I do take on silly challenges building all sorts but no I cant beat ants :(:p

Well we first spotted em in the lounge only a couple. Then traced em back to the front porch way where there were a lot more... and last night just outside the front door there were hundreds on the little grass patch by the path. So I guess that's their nest?

I used bleach/petrol and set the nest on fire.. seem to have survived :mad: looking at it this morning
Cant use the same technique indoors :( despite the fun value :p

My version of small may be very different to yours :D take that comment how you will
Ade.. no.. just no :p
There are many things I'd love to share but I'm bound by the official secrets act :( party poopers

The missus just told me a good idea.

Get a jam jar with the last dregs of jam in (you know the jam you can't get out)

Put some boiling water in it and shake to dissolve it. Not loads of water about a third of the jar.

Leave outside with the lid off and the ants should swarm into the sweet sugary liquid and drown themselves

*disclaimer*

It's not 100% effective but you're less likely to get in trouble with the police

This is true but I di have an explosives licence.. probably not for front gardens though :p
Jam on toast today then... followed by jam sandwiches

My mum had an ant problem, she used a bait station.

It's a small box with holes in you place near an ant trail in your house. The insides attract ants and the ants carry the bait back to the nest.

The bait poisons the ants. Her problem was gone in about 2 days.

Got it from Tesco

It's a small box with holes in you place near an ant trail in your house. The insides attract ants and the ants carry the bait back to the nest.

Got it from Tesco
This I must invest in
Down tools... tesco here I come

This I must invest in
Down tools... tesco here I come

medium_1_011679_home_defence_ant_stop_bait_station_x_2_by_scotts.jpg

This was it mate.

I was very dubious and thought it was going to be a waste of money.

It says to put it near a known trail of ants. We couldn'[t see where the ants were getting in my mum's house so we left it on the kitchen floor and left the door open as it was a nice day.

Soon enough there was a line of ants coming through the door, to the bait station and back out :)

Got it from Tesco

This is what I was gonna say, they're like little hockey puck looking things... I've used them before, as Sky said, problem gone in a day or 2!... Just jeep them out of reach of any pets/kids you might have obviously...

Back