Anti Hijacking mode on key fob

Is there an easy way to programme this feature? I I tried the on/off sequence as instructed in the manual, but I can't get it to work.

On/Off?...I thought you held them down for 5 second with a standard key and 10 seconds for an "intergrated" keyless fob?....
or is that only for mine and my mums age of K12? (55 and 53 plate respectively) o_O

ETA: Just double checked...held down Both the lock and unlock buttons at the same time for 5 seconds...then re-locked the car, and unlocked and my pasenger door wouldn't open ;)

ETA2: to get it back into "convenience" mode just repeat and hold both buttons again for 5 seconds (the indicators will flash quickly :p

Unless of course yours in newer (facelift?) and they changed it? :oops:

Good luck ;)

Mine worked and its a standard key, but i couldn't seem to get my mums to go out of anti-hijack mode when she got home this evening
although...I think the battery in her spare fob is getting low...again (hers is "keyless entry" so i held it for much longer)
...will have to try again with her regular used key to double check that one <_<

Just tested my '09 facelifter. Held both for 5 seconds (Cheers Jen ;) - didn't know about this) and got one long blink and it's now in anti-hijack mode :).

Yes, mine works now too:) Got my recently aquired Micra back from my garage now, just been serviced, and being valeted tomorrow. Looks really good now!

Means the remote only unlocks the drivers door, good safety feature if someone's chasing you etc

Back