ANOTHER issue with my baby!!!

CMF_BeeBoop

» CMF Member
Hello everyone, :)

Firsty let me say that my little K11 has pushed my patience further than any car i have ever owned!!! One problem after the other...
But for some reason i am still passionate about this little trouble maker! :p
May i just say that if it weren't for the help i have received on this site this little micra would have been collected by a scrap metal truck months ago!
The latest issue;
When started from cold the idle surges (can't think of a better word) and i am unable to rev the car above say 3000rpm. And no matter where you hold the revs it will surge. Now if i attempt to drive the car before warming it up for say atleast 8 minutes my driving looks like an L plater 'bunny hopping' i've heard it called. Power then comple loss of power and repeat.

I have explained it as best as i can. If this doesn't make sense i could make a video of it tomorrow morning. Please help once again people!

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
mine is a bit like that when warming up , it just wont go untill its done about 1/2 a mile to warm up ... I am wondering at the moment if the o2 sensor is feeding back incorrectly and I am wondering if it is safe to run with it disconnected in order to prove its operation ....

from what I have read the ecu cycles between slightly lean and slightly rich every second in order to determine the best mixture ( via the o2 sensor !! ) when running in closed loop , which could lead to bunny hopping ?

I am new to this , but its what I have picked up so far ....so I could be wrong !!!

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
might the timing chain trying to tension its self...takes longer as gets older.. also your oil, it will only do its job properly at operating temp.

another words oil does lots more than lubrication, most important is compression. as your car gets older, compression within the combustion chamber drops therefore, oil becomes a bigger factor. if you oil doesn't warm up, it doesn't thicken therefore no compression. which may be why you cant rev up. if you need it to go on cold...run thicker oil.

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Sounds more like the tb olis stuffed, a sensor of some type etc. I personally would take it to a shop with a dyno leave it there over night and get a run done first thing straight up. Or a scanning tool on it first thong when it happens

Back