Another crossmember thread ( sorry )

Do you think it will pass?

• K11 lives another day..

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Youre aving a laugh!!

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
I can't believe the prices you get quoted for your welding, here for that welding I would be looking at £80/£100 tops.
I suspect its because we have so many welders here due to the local dockyard. They train them up to top standard then lay them off.
Had a sill done on my van, he was apologetic when he asked me if £30 was alright!!!! I said YES.

I agree its a £100 job .... but in Mid Devon finding a welder that doesnt splatter the weld over half the car is a challenge to begin with ... then you have to ensure they dont play a banjo and call you piggy !
That said the job done was large .. were not talking patches here but rather 2x 4 foot seam welds and then half the rear inner arch... as I wanted anything that even looked rusty cut out .... so basically he prefabbed from the rear wheel arch including the inner to halfway down the car.... and the jobs so well done you would be hard pressed to know it wasnt original............ but i do agree..... basically he made £150 for a days work........ and to be fair if he hadnt made that money, i was so pleased with his work i would have tipped him £50.

Nice Amyallen. You better to do rust treatment and also underbody sealant job now. It will be protect your cross member for years time. (Only if you check in every year. For checking out these rusts and also repaint.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back